• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cutting down the number of jobless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post

If you are raised by parents who never work why would you think there is a problem with following in their footsteps?
    I guy I know told me a story about an apprentice he took on who lived in a smoggy estate in Leeds.
    He smelt really bad, and it turned out he was living in his van. His family had kicked him out for the shame of getting a job......
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Tory MP Ben Bradley 'sorry' for blog post about jobless - BBC News

A Conservative MP has apologised for a 2012 blog post in which he suggested benefit claimants should have vasectomies.
      Of course he has apologised.

Benefit claimants/low IQ folks are the biggest tory voters. Can't say anything bad about your own electorate.

Kidding aside, I think only people with a certain IQ and income level should be allowed to procreate. Thing is a lot of these people are smart enough to know they're better off without offsprings.

Comment

Originally posted by MattZani View Post
        Of course he has apologised.

Benefit claimants/low IQ folks are the biggest tory voters. Can't say anything bad about your own electorate.

Kidding aside, I think only people with a certain IQ and income level should be allowed to procreate. Thing is a lot of these people are smart enough to know they're better off without offsprings.
        Why confine this to homo sapiens? Why not have every animal of every species pass such a test?

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
          Why confine this to homo sapiens? Why not have every animal of every species pass such a test?
          It generally does happen. Indeed with humans it used to be that way until about 100 years ago.

These days it seems to be survival of the fattest rather than survival of the fittest.....

Comment

If you count a pension as being a benefit...

I think only people with a certain IQ and income level should be allowed to procreate. Thing is a lot of these people are smart enough to know they're better off without offsprings.
            Financially better off as individuals, yes, and better for the environment. The earth's resources are overstretched, and the current solution of cutting down trees/killing animals to allow humans to make more money is not in the best interests of the planet or its inhabitants.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Financially better off as individuals, yes, and better for the environment. The earth's resources are overstretched, and the current solution of cutting down trees/killing animals to allow humans to make more money is not in the best interests of the planet or its inhabitants.
              Personally I quite like the green party proposal of cutting the UK population down to 40million by education - what they believe is the environmentally sustainable population.

No doubt if they actually got into power they would just do the same as every other government. With a green spin.

Animal Farm 2.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Personally I quite like the green party proposal of cutting the UK population down to 40million by education - what they believe is the environmentally sustainable population.
                I hadn't read that one.
                Is the plan to bring back corporal punishment, then update it to capital punishment?

Comment

I hadn't read that one.
                  Is the plan to bring back corporal punishment, then update it to capital punishment?
                  The last I heard a green party member speak they wanted to encourage people to work in the fields, back to nature. We had this question a little while back and the industrial revolution won.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    The last I heard a green party member speak they wanted to encourage people to work in the fields, back to nature. We had this question a little while back and the industrial revolution won.
                    Sorry, I wasn't around when the Industrial Revolution started. Was that when we had all the smog?

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't around when the Industrial Revolution started. Was that when we had all the smog?
                      That and the 1950s.

Comment

Working...
                      X