• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cutting down the number of jobless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    The last I heard a green party member speak they wanted to encourage people to work in the fields, back to nature. We had this question a little while back and the industrial revolution won.
    Indeed - in fact if we move back to this the green party are actually dooming the human race.

The sun will go red giant in the next 4.5 billion years if we have not found a suitable alternative to living somewhere but earth the human race will be wiped out then.

And that assumes we do not get wiped out by a big rock from space, our own stupidity or galactic alien lizards who find human meat a delicacy..prior to that.

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
      Why confine this to homo sapiens? Why not have every animal of every species pass such a test?
      Animals have their own ways to make sure there is continuation of species. They've done it for longer than us and are still here (despite us screwing eveything up as usual)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I hadn't read that one.
        Is the plan to bring back corporal punishment, then update it to capital punishment?
        Only for cyclists....

Comment

I think that people get this mentality that even if I am not able to do something, I will sustain myself on the benefits. It's the easy availability I think that is the major problem. If you take the example of Norway, it is considered the best country in the world when it comes to income, quality of life, health, overall happiness, etc.
          And why is that?
          One of the contributors to Norway’s high quality of life is its commitment to generous public spending; Norway spends almost 10% of its GDP on healthcare, and this differs to many other countries as the vast majority of its spending is on public rather than private healthcare. The US, by comparison, spends nearly 17% of GDP on healthcare with around half on private costs. Even with current spending levels, Norway’s ageing demographic and commitment to high spending on public healthcare require economic planning for the future. For example, existing equipment in Norwegian hospitals requires upgrading urgently, at an estimated cost of $600million.

Comment

He believes in police brutality as well:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              He believes in police brutality as well:

Most of it makes sense and I imagine the frustration felt by him came out when he said for once perhaps police brutality should be allowed.

When the riots spread to Manchester and people would not travel to the city centre or I was afraid for the wife getting back to her car then believe me I would have been happy if they used rubber bullets to stop the rioters.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Most of it makes sense and I imagine the frustration felt by him came out when he said for once perhaps police brutality should be allowed.

When the riots spread to Manchester and people would not travel to the city centre or I was afraid for the wife getting back to her car then believe me I would have been happy if they used rubber bullets to stop the rioters.
                I believe in the death penalty. If any of my family are murdered. Apart from that no.
                Although I am against policwe brutality, I would accept it against HMRC employees.

Comment

Working...
                X