• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do if there was a missile attack?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I know a place, being honest here. It's like a big bomb shelter on a golf course, it actually has part of the course on top of it. It's huge and I'm pretty certain it's a nuclear bunker.

One time, I went over and looked at the door and the lock. Within minutes the "groundsmen" for the golf course turned up and checked the door.

The misses thinks I'm a bit nutty about this, but come on, if you are going to hide a nuclear bunker, what better place than in plain view on a golf course.
    Dulwich by any chance?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What would I do if there was a missile attack?
      I'd stand next to Rod Stewart. He hasn't had a hit in 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Dulwich by any chance?
        Nope Dunham, so there are two of these places!

Comment

Nope Dunham, so there are two of these places!
          There's quite a few. One up near Sheffield and one outside Portsmouth that I know of as well.

Comment

I would be directing the missile attack.

Comment

There's quite a few. One up near Sheffield and one outside Portsmouth that I know of as well.
              I'm actually quite interested in seeing what's in there. Though it was incredibly strange that it was about 6.30am checked the door, not a sign of any life and then the groundsmen turn up. I wonder if the course is a front! I did try to join but they wanted to charge me 2k and I had to meet the captain to see if I would fit in.

I wonder if that 2k would buy me a place in the bunker if there was an attack!

Comment

What would you do if there was a missile attack?
                Take the best selfie posted on Instagram....

Comment

I'm actually quite interested in seeing what's in there. Though it was incredibly strange that it was about 6.30am checked the door, not a sign of any life and then the groundsmen turn up. I wonder if the course is a front! I did try to join but they wanted to charge me 2k and I had to meet the captain to see if I would fit in.

I wonder if that 2k would buy me a place in the bunker if there was an attack!
                  My sister-in-law lives near Greenham, which is back to being a common again and a great place for dog walking. They have left parts of the runway so you can see how big it was, but the main silos are also there. The silos are currently used to store classic cars and are a historical monument, still with massive fences around them.
                  If you rattle the fence for a minute or two, you'll have a dog walker with a large alsatian coming to say hello.

Comment

My sister-in-law lives near Greenham, which is back to being a common again and a great place for dog walking. They have left parts of the runway so you can see how big it was, but the main silos are also there. The silos are currently used to store classic cars and are a historical monument, still with massive fences around them.
                    If you rattle the fence for a minute or two, you'll have a dog walker with a large alsatian coming to say hello.
                    If you cycle for 0.1 nanosecond within 30 miles of DorkLand you get shot, tortured for 24 hours and then buried under a new shed....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      If you cycle for 0.1 nanosecond within 30 miles of DorkLand you get shot, tortured for 24 hours and then buried under a new shed....
                      Prove it.

Comment

Working...
                      X