Jordan Peterson vs Cathy Newman Jordan Peterson vs Cathy Newman - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HugeWhale View Post
    This winds me up no end. The focus is always on the men at the top, but how about the men at the bottom? Why are 95% of people in prison male? Why is suicide the biggest cause of death in young men? Why are young men performing much worse than girls at educational attainment? Why has a generation of young men been thrown on the scrapheap as apprenticeships have been axed? Why is it our young men who get sent off to fight and die on foreign battlefields? Why are young men becoming ever more despondent and dependent on drugs?

    The warriors always focus on the men at the top. It would be nice if a fraction of this energy was put into fighting for the men at the bottom.
    They are very selective with what facts are relevant when it comes to their agenda and narrative.

    What they are attempting (and failing at) is to force the other side to change for them as opposed to just changing themselves. They think victimizing themselves, blaming others for their situation and ordering the other side to disarm and surrender is going to work.

    Those lefty SJWs are just going to have to step up to the plate and learn how to win the game by being better at it. The revolution must be won from within!

    I'm sick of hearing about attacks on 'white males' - isn't that just a tad racist and sexist?

    In 20 years of being in the work force I've seen an equal representation of gender/race throughout. Reported to several female/non-Caucasian (sometimes both!) superiors who I know for a fact are being paid very well - a lot of them contractors. I've yet to see any patriarchy or racial discrimination in a workplace.

    Still - let them rage if that's what they need to do. Glad more people are waking up and saying No to it.
    Because feelings...

  2. #22

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Yeah I also think a lot of women are getting a bit sick of it all the moaning about inequality when it's clear that a lot of men are suffering and not doing well.
    Yes - "Where are all the good men?!"

    "They've been emasculated by angry shrieking dyed hair 3/10's"
    Because feelings...

  3. #23

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Yes - "Where are all the good men?!"

    "They've been emasculated by angry shrieking dyed hair 3/10's"
    I think it goes back further to school. When I was at school they stopped competitive sports. They stopped the boys from playing football in the playground because boys dominated the space. They did not find alternatives. School work changed from exam based to coursework which does not favour boys.

    So I don't think schools have the discipline that boys need or the outlet for their energy. Something is also wrong when boys are doing so badly at school, it's clear something is failing.

    Yep and then you get to the hysteria about pay gap, patriochary etc.

  4. #24

    Contractor Among Contractors

    unixman 's job has never been outsourced

    unixman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I think it goes back further to school. When I was at school they stopped competitive sports. They stopped the boys from playing football in the playground because boys dominated the space. They did not find alternatives. School work changed from exam based to coursework which does not favour boys.
    This is exactly the kind of thing that Peterson critisizes. He says that males benefit from things like [tough exams/football in the school yard, your examples] because they suit male aptitudes and abilities, and develop strength and competitiveness in young men. Removing these structures is wrong and unfair because it disenfranchises a large group (men, in this case), and leaves them without purpose.

    Right, that's it, book ordered (12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos).

  5. #25

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unixman View Post
    This is exactly the kind of thing that Peterson critisizes. He says that males benefit from things like [tough exams/football in the school yard, your examples] because they suit male aptitudes and abilities, and develop strength and competitiveness in young men. Removing these structures is wrong and unfair because it disenfranchises a large group (men, in this case), and leaves them without purpose.

    Right, that's it, book ordered (12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos).
    Let me know if it’s any good?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •