• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jordan Peterson vs Cathy Newman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
    This winds me up no end. The focus is always on the men at the top, but how about the men at the bottom? Why are 95% of people in prison male? Why is suicide the biggest cause of death in young men? Why are young men performing much worse than girls at educational attainment? Why has a generation of young men been thrown on the scrapheap as apprenticeships have been axed? Why is it our young men who get sent off to fight and die on foreign battlefields? Why are young men becoming ever more despondent and dependent on drugs?

The warriors always focus on the men at the top. It would be nice if a fraction of this energy was put into fighting for the men at the bottom.
    They are very selective with what facts are relevant when it comes to their agenda and narrative.

What they are attempting (and failing at) is to force the other side to change for them as opposed to just changing themselves. They think victimizing themselves, blaming others for their situation and ordering the other side to disarm and surrender is going to work.

Those lefty SJWs are just going to have to step up to the plate and learn how to win the game by being better at it. The revolution must be won from within!

I'm sick of hearing about attacks on 'white males' - isn't that just a tad racist and sexist?

In 20 years of being in the work force I've seen an equal representation of gender/race throughout. Reported to several female/non-Caucasian (sometimes both!) superiors who I know for a fact are being paid very well - a lot of them contractors. I've yet to see any patriarchy or racial discrimination in a workplace.

Still - let them rage if that's what they need to do. Glad more people are waking up and saying No to it.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Yeah I also think a lot of women are getting a bit sick of it all the moaning about inequality when it's clear that a lot of men are suffering and not doing well.
      Yes - "Where are all the good men?!"

"They've been emasculated by angry shrieking dyed hair 3/10's"
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Yes - "Where are all the good men?!"

"They've been emasculated by angry shrieking dyed hair 3/10's"
        I think it goes back further to school. When I was at school they stopped competitive sports. They stopped the boys from playing football in the playground because boys dominated the space. They did not find alternatives. School work changed from exam based to coursework which does not favour boys.

So I don't think schools have the discipline that boys need or the outlet for their energy. Something is also wrong when boys are doing so badly at school, it's clear something is failing.

Yep and then you get to the hysteria about pay gap, patriochary etc.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I think it goes back further to school. When I was at school they stopped competitive sports. They stopped the boys from playing football in the playground because boys dominated the space. They did not find alternatives. School work changed from exam based to coursework which does not favour boys.
          This is exactly the kind of thing that Peterson critisizes. He says that males benefit from things like [tough exams/football in the school yard, your examples] because they suit male aptitudes and abilities, and develop strength and competitiveness in young men. Removing these structures is wrong and unfair because it disenfranchises a large group (men, in this case), and leaves them without purpose.

Right, that's it, book ordered (12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos).

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            This is exactly the kind of thing that Peterson critisizes. He says that males benefit from things like [tough exams/football in the school yard, your examples] because they suit male aptitudes and abilities, and develop strength and competitiveness in young men. Removing these structures is wrong and unfair because it disenfranchises a large group (men, in this case), and leaves them without purpose.

Right, that's it, book ordered (12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos).
            Let me know if it’s any good?

Comment

Cathy Newman does not look well.

Comment

Jordan Peterson looks like Adolf Hitler reincarnated
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Activists cheer as 'sexist' tampon tax is scrapped Activists cheer as '''sexist''' tampon tax is scrapped - BBC News
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ere! What are us blokes gonna get tax free?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Ere! What are us blokes gonna get tax free?
                      You get to keep more of your money as we aren't spending it on Tampax tax.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X