• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh how very "Refreshing!"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Does the guy in this article wear skinny ripped jeans?
    nah but he sounds like a wimpy can't wipe my own arse type of man.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      You mean the coffee shop, hair-bun, bearded, Macbook blogger type?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Hehe I'm triggered again (in both threads). This is what an angry ex-nice guy looks like!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Neither can sumo wrestlers...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Unless they borrow one of shauny's hygiene aids.

https://www.easierliving.com/freedom-wand.html

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The alternative looks a bit dangerous....

Comment

They were talking about this on the radio and it was suggested that kids should have both parents' names with hyphen.

So what happens if someone with a hyphenated name marries another with a hyphenated name? If they are not careful who they marry, after a few generations, people could have names several hundred characters long.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  They were talking about this on the radio and it was suggested that kids should have both parents' names with hyphen.

So what happens if someone with a hyphenated name marries another with a hyphenated name? If they are not careful who they marry, after a few generations, people could have names several hundred characters long.
                  Why not follow the Iceland model?

Say Adam and Eve have a son. He is xxxxxx Adamson. If they have a daughter she is xxxxx Evedottir. Simples.....

Comment

Er, don't quite follow. If an xxxxx Adamson marries an unrelated xxxxx Evedottir and they have a daughter, is she xxxxx Evedottirdottir?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Er, don't quite follow. If an xxxxx Adamson marries an unrelated xxxxx Evedottir and they have a daughter, is she xxxxx Evedottirdottir?
                      No, she's xxxxx xxxxxdottir - she takes her mother's forename as her surname.

Comment

Working...
                      X