• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hiring employees for my IT Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    The OP has advertised the position widely within their extended family. There is no evidence that one family member has been unduly favoured. Seems plenty legit.
    Assuming his extended family and anybody else who is UK or EU resident cannot fill the role...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Please PM the old man who can facilitate a smooth and painless entry. References can be found at https://www.immigrationboards.com/in...140318-20.html.
      Tee-hee.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Assuming his extended family and anybody else who is UK or EU resident cannot fill the role...
        Details. We'll call it good.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          The OP has advertised the position widely within their extended family. There is no evidence that one family member has been unduly favoured. Seems plenty legit.
          Having fun trip-trapping over the bridge.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Sorry to be blunt but are you doing this to get your mate or family member a visa so they can come over or has your business grown to the point you can take an employee on? That last question makes me think it's not the latter. If there was a good chance to make more money I would have thought you would have put a bit more research in first.
            I want to start my own consultancy and my friend says he's looking for a job (already living and working in the UK for a few years but will need a visa sponsorship). So I thought it would be a good starting point if I find someone who is looking for a person, to hire my friend under my company to kick off slowly my own consultancy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              How is Brussels?
              Brussels is going great! Thanks for asking!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Certainly seems like the cart before the horse - a person has been identified before the role/demand is available.

OP, on what basis are you sponsoring someone from outside the UK / EU? Have you advertised the role and you cannot find suitable candidates?
                See these things are completely new to me. I guess I need to adequately advertise the role and if I can't find a suitable candidate, only then look to hire someone from abroad? That has to be proven to HMRC as well?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Sponsors licence - costs about £3k from memory, plus visit from Home Office showing you are a bona fide consultancy etc and not a contractor facilitating visas for his mates etc.

Must pay employee £35k or over.

Must perform Resident Market Labour Test to prove (ie PROVE) no UK or EU candidate is suitable, showing adverts in prescribed journals etc, and interview list and transcripts.

UKVI are aware of this trick.
                  So no, you can't use it to import your mate/brother-in-law/uncle whatever
                  Stek, very helpful as always, thanks for the comprehensive answer. I had no clue about all these, and your comments help me start looking around (got to make a start somewhere!)
                  I guess the 2 things that need to be satisfied is whether the role is advertised and no suitable candidate can be found, and that my company can support their costs.

Comment

Hiring employees for my IT Ltd

Originally posted by Skag View Post
                    I want to start my own consultancy and my friend says he's looking for a job (already living and working in the UK for a few years but will need a visa sponsorship). So I thought it would be a good starting point if I find someone who is looking for a person, to hire my friend under my company to kick off slowly my own consultancy.
                    Might be none of my business, but if your friend is here without a valid working visa then the answer is not for him to get a job, but to go back home?

What were the conditions of the original visa?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      Might be none of my business, but if your friend is here without a valid working visa then the answer is not for him to get a job, but to go back home?

What were the conditions of the original visa?
                      He does have a valid visa, but he is changing jobs and he will need sponsorship once it expires. But you're right, if it does expire before he finds a job then he will have to go back home I suppose. I don't know the conditions of the original visa I'm afraid. You mean how long it's valid for?

Comment

Working...
                      X