• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hiring employees for my IT Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Far better to employ your enemies.
    Is that why WTFH offered you a job building his shed?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Is that why WTFH offered you a job building his shed?
      no shortage in the labour pool for you two then

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        shortage in the gene pool for you two then
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
          shortage in the gene pool for you two then
          I like to cast my genes far and wide.

Comment

Not a Good Idea.

I feel this will be transparent. Way too transparent for whoever has more than 15mins spare to look into it. Chances are his visa conditions will give him 30/60/90 days to leave the country after losing his current job/time runs out. And you wanting to set up an agency to employ him in order to save him having to leave will end up costing you a HUGE fine.

I mean I even recently looked into employing an old colleague for a year to fill a 12 month contract as I thought I could pay him less than the offered rate and pocket the difference as company profit.... It's NOT always that simple. And visa issues didn't even apply in my case. Plus if that contract get terminated, depending on your original agreement, you might have to continue paying him

As harsh as it might sound, best thing to do might be to let him go back to India, expend his cooling off period and then apply for something at which point you might be a handy referee for him.
            Last edited by JIDEARE; 22 January 2018, 13:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Skag View Post
              No.

To put it simply: given that I want to slowly start my own consultancy and that I have a friend who is looking for a job, I said, hey, why don't I sort you out with a job, and you can start working for me, therefore making a start of my business somewhere. I'll leave aside all the drama about "despair", "helpless" etc.

I think I got my answer by now. Sponsoring someone from abroad should only happen when talent is not present in the UK. Let me know if it's otherwise.
              If your dominant motive is to grow your business, you are in the right forum - start by finding more work FIRST, then you can easily find people to do it for you. No sensible businessman will start growing their business by incurring a shed load of expenses to become a successful visa sponsor to someone without even having work for them. Steak already gave you a good idea on the numbers and effort required.

On the other hand if it's about helping a mate get a bogus visa to remain in the UK, you will have better luck finding advice in the immigration forums.

Comment

Simplest way would be to marry him.

Comment

Working...
                X