• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hiring employees for my IT Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiring employees for my IT Ltd

I have an IT Ltd and I am a sole director / employee.
    I would like to ask if anyone knows what I need to do in order to sponsor and hire an Indian employee, e.g. costs, applications etc.
    Also, if I hired him, can I get him gigs for which my company will be charging on a daily rate? Or do I need another kind of company in order to do that?

Sorry to be blunt but are you doing this to get your mate or family member a visa so they can come over or has your business grown to the point you can take an employee on? That last question makes me think it's not the latter. If there was a good chance to make more money I would have thought you would have put a bit more research in first.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Certainly seems like the cart before the horse - a person has been identified before the role/demand is available.

OP, on what basis are you sponsoring someone from outside the UK / EU? Have you advertised the role and you cannot find suitable candidates?

Comment

And can you afford the minimum necessary salary and overheads for a Tier 2 IT worker..?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

How is Brussels?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            How is Brussels?
            Sprouting, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by Skag View Post
              I have an IT Ltd and I am a sole director / employee.
              I would like to ask if anyone knows what I need to do in order to sponsor and hire an Indian employee, e.g. costs, applications etc.
              Also, if I hired him, can I get him gigs for which my company will be charging on a daily rate? Or do I need another kind of company in order to do that?
              Sponsors licence - costs about £3k from memory, plus visit from Home Office showing you are a bona fide consultancy etc and not a contractor facilitating visas for his mates etc.

Must pay employee £35k or over.

Must perform Resident Market Labour Test to prove (ie PROVE) no UK or EU candidate is suitable, showing adverts in prescribed journals etc, and interview list and transcripts.

UKVI are aware of this trick.
              So no, you can't use it to import your mate/brother-in-law/uncle whatever

Comment

Originally posted by Skag View Post
                I would like to ask if anyone knows what I need to do in order to sponsor and hire an Indian employee

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  and not a contractor facilitating visas for his mates etc.
                  The OP has advertised the position widely within their extended family. There is no evidence that one family member has been unduly favoured. Seems plenty legit.

Comment

Please PM the old man who can facilitate a smooth and painless entry. References can be found at https://www.immigrationboards.com/in...140318-20.html.

Comment

Working...
                    X