• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm in love - Ferrari GTC4Lusso

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That is NOT how you transport skis in a sports car.

This is how you do it:
    You don't ski - the car does

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      I knew you were going to show that picture

that is an all time classic that we all grew up with

Milan.
      I was trying to find a better one, but I think that sums it up best.
      The skis should be mounted rear-facing on the roof, or up the angle of the rear window, unless the car is a large estate or an SUV.
      In a sports car, unless you've got snow blades, the ski tips will be interfering with the driver's arm, making driving difficult
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I was trying to find a better one, but I think that sums it up best.
        The skis should be mounted rear-facing on the roof, or up the angle of the rear window, unless the car is a large estate or an SUV.
        In a sports car, unless you've got snow blades, the ski tips will be interfering with the driver's arm, making driving difficult
        The Bentley Continental has a hatch at the back of the rear armrest which you can unlock and pass the front of the skis into the cabin. Much neater.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          The Bentley Continental has a hatch at the back of the rear armrest which you can unlock and pass the front of the skis into the cabin. Much neater.
          My old Alfa Romeo 166 had that feature. Not that there's much call for skis in Bolton.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Yes, the car is also long enough to cope.
            Quite a few cars have that as standard, some also have the option of a ski bag built into the hatch so that when you slide the skis into the cabin they are in a bag, not marking the leather.

Comment

I did put the skis on the top of the car once but it felt like they were acting like wings wrenching the roof off the car, and they got covered in filth.

I always now put skis inside the car.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                My old Alfa Romeo 166 had that feature. Not that there's much call for skis in Bolton.
                Ski hatch is pretty common, also on my old RX8.

Comment

whether I use this or put them in the car depends on the space available in the cabin

https://www.google.com/search?q=thul...w=1524&bih=771

of course if we can put them in the car we will because we can drive faster without the roofrack than with

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    As did my 159.....

likewise not much use for ski's in Cheshire.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      As did my 159.....

likewise not much use for ski's in Cheshire.
                      As did my Brera, and the skis did get used a bit in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X