Is the UK still a christian country? Is the UK still a christian country? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 55

Should post faster

HugeWhale is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very good point.

If they HAVE to do something with my body - then body farm for me.....
    I once had this money-making scheme based on woodland burials. A lot of people are eschewing traditional burials and want to become part of nature again, so I think that woodland burials will take off.
    My real moneymaking breakthrough though was to bury people vertically and not horizontally. With woodland at serious £££s per acre, I would only wish to buy a few square feet. Dig down far enough and literally pile ‘em high, that’s the USP.
    A sturdy ramrod to clear any blockages along the way and you’re set.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by HugeWhale View Post
    ...And there is the integrationist approach (think Australia and France) -

Which one will work best?
    Australia might be fine, but France? There's little integration in the ethnic areas on the outskirts of Paris. Which country has more "home grown" terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Slightly off topic, but why does it always take so long in the UK to get buried/cremated?...
    It's colder, so no hurry.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

In a few billion years the sun will explode and consume the earth.

In in billions and billions of years our universe will just be a sea of photons.

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

In a few billion years the sun will explode and consume the earth.

In in billions and billions of years our universe will just be a sea of photons.
    Game over man, game over.

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

My real moneymaking breakthrough though was to bury people vertically and not horizontally
    This chap already did that:

Major Peter Labilliere's Grave - unconsecrated burials in Britain

I think a better idea would be to legalise cannibalism and use human flesh to replace that of those poor little cows, sheep, pigs, chickens etc. Some transmittable diseases are a problem but that US practice of rinsing the meat with chlorine should sort that.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Should post faster

glebe digital is too good to be a permie

Its not getting what you want. Its wanting what you have got. Was that Aristotle?
    According to the interweb-thingy it was Sheryl Crow (lolz) but Garth Brooks said much the same......I fear for the future of humanity, I really do.

I seem to recall that quote in Ficino almost word-for-word, so maybe it was Plato or another of those Socratic blokes.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Nonsense. People go to Christian schools all the time and integrate. People go to girl only schools and integrate with wider society.

Religion is being used as way of control in some Muslim communities in our country. Girls/Women are denied opportunities because of religion and control.

Don't make it out to be a western issue that we have to fix by being even more tolerant.
    Sorry, you are wrong. Northern Ireland is a perfect example of the problem of segregated education, nothing to do with Muslims, but I know you can’t get your little snowflake brain around that.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Sorry, you are wrong. Northern Ireland is a perfect example of the problem of segregated education, nothing to do with Muslims, but I know you can’t get your little snowflake brain around that.
    I think you are deflecting a bit because I pointed out a problem with your argument. I've never said NI was anything to do with Muslims. You did that to make me out as a racist.

If you want to have a sensible talk about NI, I'm happy to. Worked there for a while and love the place and people.
    Last edited by woohoo; 22nd January 2018 at 16:52.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I think you are deflecting a bit because I pointed out a problem with your argument. I've never said NI was anything to do with Muslims. You did that to make me out as a racist.

If you want to have a sensible talk about NI, I'm happy to. Worked there for a while and love the place and people.
    It was a minor deflection, the main point was that in NI they had segregated education, with people calling themselves Christian, and the segregation of education is part of why the troubles went on as long as they did.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

Segregation is never a good idea. News is by definition largely bad, one needs contact with others is necessary to see the other side. It beats me why we encourage multiculturalism. Nowt wrong with harmless cultural traditions but it often goes beyond that.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)