• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the UK still a christian country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have already told my wife and children that I don't care what happens after I go. Why should I?

If they should think of me, then try to be contented with life. Its not getting what you want. Its wanting what you have got. Was that Aristotle?

If they HAVE to do something with my body - then body farm for me.....
    I jokingly told my wife just to put me in the wheely bin as I genuinly dont care what happens after Im dead, then after a bit of thought decided that full body donation was the way to go.
    Zero cost, no body to worry about just ring up and say "He's ready" and its done. They can whip out any bits worth salvage and use the rest to train doctors on how to operate *

* Or they can just stand back and marvel at my amazing physique (Amazing in the 'Oh my god, I think Im going to be sick' freak show sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
      I jokingly told my wife just to put me in the wheely bin as I genuinly dont care what happens after Im dead, then after a bit of thought decided that full body donation was the way to go.
      Zero cost, no body to worry about just ring up and say "He's ready" and its done. They can whip out any bits worth salvage and use the rest to train doctors on how to operate *

* Or they can just stand back and marvel at my amazing physique (Amazing in the 'Oh my god, I think Im going to be sick' freak show sense)
      There are too many bodies being offered for science, most are refused

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        There are too many bodies being offered for science, most are refused
        I guess we will have to see whats happening closer to the time.. I reckon I've got another 50+ years yet.

The the two fall backs that come to mind are BodyWorlds and the trusty wheely bin.

Ill be dead, I wont care, Ive basically told the family to do whatever they want, my preference would be as low a cost as possible if that means hiring a tree shredder for a few hours so be it!

Comment

Maybe dissolving your body is an option?
          Dissolving the dead - alkaline hydrolysis a new alternative to burial and cremation - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
            I guess we will have to see whats happening closer to the time.. I reckon I've got another 50+ years yet.

The the two fall backs that come to mind are BodyWorlds and the trusty wheely bin.

Ill be dead, I wont care, Ive basically told the family to do whatever they want, my preference would be as low a cost as possible if that means hiring a tree shredder for a few hours so be it!
            Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Average funeral is about £3500 there are now 'Straight to Crem' funerals where you effectively get picked up, dumped in a cheap coffin and then cremated - no service, no hearse, no flowers etc - maybe what you want!

Dissolving in alkaline solutions is know as resumation - is being used in a few states in America - not really sure it is going to take off over here but we shall see - greener than cremation but we always have committed dead bodies to fires or into the ground.

Comment

Working...
            X