• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the UK still a christian country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very good point.

If they HAVE to do something with my body - then body farm for me.....
    I once had this money-making scheme based on woodland burials. A lot of people are eschewing traditional burials and want to become part of nature again, so I think that woodland burials will take off.
    My real moneymaking breakthrough though was to bury people vertically and not horizontally. With woodland at serious £££s per acre, I would only wish to buy a few square feet. Dig down far enough and literally pile ‘em high, that’s the USP.
    A sturdy ramrod to clear any blockages along the way and you’re set.

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
      ...And there is the integrationist approach (think Australia and France) -

Which one will work best?
      Australia might be fine, but France? There's little integration in the ethnic areas on the outskirts of Paris. Which country has more "home grown" terrorists?

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Slightly off topic, but why does it always take so long in the UK to get buried/cremated?...
      It's colder, so no hurry.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In a few billion years the sun will explode and consume the earth.

In in billions and billions of years our universe will just be a sea of photons.

Comment

In a few billion years the sun will explode and consume the earth.

In in billions and billions of years our universe will just be a sea of photons.
          Game over man, game over.

Comment

My real moneymaking breakthrough though was to bury people vertically and not horizontally
            This chap already did that:

Major Peter Labilliere's Grave - unconsecrated burials in Britain

I think a better idea would be to legalise cannibalism and use human flesh to replace that of those poor little cows, sheep, pigs, chickens etc. Some transmittable diseases are a problem but that US practice of rinsing the meat with chlorine should sort that.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Its not getting what you want. Its wanting what you have got. Was that Aristotle?
              According to the interweb-thingy it was Sheryl Crow (lolz) but Garth Brooks said much the same......I fear for the future of humanity, I really do.

I seem to recall that quote in Ficino almost word-for-word, so maybe it was Plato or another of those Socratic blokes.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Nonsense. People go to Christian schools all the time and integrate. People go to girl only schools and integrate with wider society.

Religion is being used as way of control in some Muslim communities in our country. Girls/Women are denied opportunities because of religion and control.

Don't make it out to be a western issue that we have to fix by being even more tolerant.
                Sorry, you are wrong. Northern Ireland is a perfect example of the problem of segregated education, nothing to do with Muslims, but I know you can’t get your little snowflake brain around that.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Sorry, you are wrong. Northern Ireland is a perfect example of the problem of segregated education, nothing to do with Muslims, but I know you can’t get your little snowflake brain around that.
                  I think you are deflecting a bit because I pointed out a problem with your argument. I've never said NI was anything to do with Muslims. You did that to make me out as a racist.

If you want to have a sensible talk about NI, I'm happy to. Worked there for a while and love the place and people.
                  Last edited by woohoo; 22 January 2018, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I think you are deflecting a bit because I pointed out a problem with your argument. I've never said NI was anything to do with Muslims. You did that to make me out as a racist.

If you want to have a sensible talk about NI, I'm happy to. Worked there for a while and love the place and people.
                    It was a minor deflection, the main point was that in NI they had segregated education, with people calling themselves Christian, and the segregation of education is part of why the troubles went on as long as they did.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Segregation is never a good idea. News is by definition largely bad, one needs contact with others is necessary to see the other side. It beats me why we encourage multiculturalism. Nowt wrong with harmless cultural traditions but it often goes beyond that.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X