• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too many phone calls from recruiters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a bigger issue. Recruiters never call me....

Comment

Originally posted by kYuZz View Post
      Hello,

Talking about a problem common to a lot of us... I get too many phone calls from recruiters, and definitely more voicemail messages than I can handle.

I thought I could live with this until I missed a voicemail from my doctor that was buried between 20 other voicemails.

I was thinking... maybe someone knows how to get a second disposable phone number without having to get a second mobile phone? Ideally it would also offer a voicemail service.

I did some searching online and there are in fact some companies that offer this service in the US, but I couldn't find anything in the UK.

Suggestions?
      Incredibly easy.
      • Get mobile that has dual-SIM.
      • Use "main" SIM for friends, family and people you trust (therefore, no agent ever gets this number).
      • Get PAYG sim card for 2nd slot (give this number to agents).
      • Dispose of PAYG sim when you get a contract / get fed up of all the calls, voicemails, texts.
      • Replace PAYG sim with new one.
      • Rinse and repeat.

Comment

I've always been good at handling agencies so that they know not to call me unless they have genuine roles that are live and ready to go - they don't want to waste their time any more than you want to waste yours. That cuts out over 90% of agencies calls leaving the 10% who actually do call worth keeping in touch with.

Comment

Got this one yesterday, I start Monday, might see some of your there....

Cleaner
          Taskmaster, Leeds, West Yorkshire — We are looking to recruit a cleaner to work partime 12 hours a week. You will be working in a Education environment cleaning set areas as required. You need to be available for immediate start have ...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Cleaner
            Taskmaster, Leeds, West Yorkshire — We are looking to recruit a cleaner to work partime 12 hours a week. You will be working in a Education environment cleaning set areas as required. You need to be available for immediate start have ...
            When you are doing the corridor by the toilets remember to put your head round the door and say hello to PC.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Cleaner
              Do you know how to clean coffee out of a laptop....?

Comment

Dead simple.

Your skills are clearly in demand. Tell us what they are...

We put up fake CVs with those skills on the job-boards.

Agents call us and leave you mostly in peace..

I get out of my cardboard box and start working on a new skill set.

Jobs a good 'un.

Comment

Working...
                X