• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crap rates - just be honest agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    According to that I should be on £923/day
    £73/day less than psychocandy?

Poor you. People have ended it all for lesser indignities.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
      According to that I should be on £923/day
      Indeed. He's missed the other option that the data is so poor its not really worth the paper it's not written on. It's a great idea but it's reliant on data supplied by agents, you know the data I mean, the inflated rates that never materialise, the jobs that don't exist etc. All makes for a completely misleading picture unfortunately.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        £73/day less than psychocandy?

Poor you. People have ended it all for lesser indignities.
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Indeed. He's missed the other option that the data is so poor its not really worth the paper it's not written on. It's a great idea but it's reliant on data supplied by agents, you know the data I mean, the inflated rates that never materialise, the jobs that don't exist etc. All makes for a completely misleading picture unfortunately.
        Umm, I'm on nowhere that rate hence my laughing and it was just my rate back in 2000 in today's money, presumably going by inflation as per the calculator, rather than a rate I'd expect now.

I'm fully aware of the imaginary rates and jobs, and take what most people say their rates are with a pinch of salt. From my experience rates are still down on the late 90s\2000s due to recessions, oversupply for the number of contracts going. This oversupply fuelled by people thinking easy money, which they find out isn't the case then so take lower rates - I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
        X