• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should crypto be taken up the Arse(nal)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should crypto be taken up the Arse(nal)?

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...onsorship-deal

Fans pay up to £85 to stand in the cold and watch easily damaged men kick a ball of compressed air around a muddy field. Better off spending that dosh elsewhere.

Should take up a real sport, like Rugby.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      .. Should take up a real sport, like Rugby.
      I did notice at the weekend that Exeter Chiefs (currently top of the English Premiership, though in this match they were getting hammered by Glasgow) were wearing pink. Thought that's a brave choice, but subsequently found out it's due to them supporting breast cancer research.

Not sure I recall seeing a men's football team playing in pink. I expect the knuckle dragging football fans would be somewhat less tolerant of that on the terraces.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Not sure I recall seeing a men's football team playing in pink.
        It's the strip of <insert Hobo's team here> FA cup 4th round strip.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          It's the strip of <insert Hobo's team here> FA cup 4th round strip.....

I don't have a football team as such.

Prefer watching the 'big game clashes' as a neutral. Not even that bothered about following England in the international competitions since 'the golden generation' pissed away their talent. Last semi final in Euro or World Cup was in Euro 96, 22 years ago this year. Baddiel and Skinner will be re-releasing their Three Lions song with "50 years of hurt" for this year's world cup, another 20th anniversary passed by 2 years.

At least the youth teams have won the U17 and U20 World Cup recently (though whether they transfer that talent and results to the senior team is yet to be seen ), and the women have been doing better than the men recently in the competitions.
          Last edited by Hobosapien; 25 January 2018, 09:28.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            I don't have a football team as such.

Prefer watching the 'big game clashes' as a neutral. Not even that bothered about following England in the international competitions since 'the golden generation' pissed away their talent. Last semi final in Euro or World Cup was in Euro 96, 22 years ago this year.

At least the youth teams have won the U17 and U20 World Cup recently (though whether they transfer that talent and results to the senior team is yet to be seen ), and the women have been doing better than the men recently in the competitions.
            I prefer doing sport to watching it.

My only exception is women's beach volleyball.

Comment

Working...
            X