• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winding down the last week of my first contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winding down the last week of my first contract

Well, today officially marks the day that I have one week left to go in my current contract before approaching the bench. I have some irons in the fire so hopefully bench time will be limited.

My question is, what do you lot all do in your last week of a contract? I've finished all my project work, I've got a couple of hours of documentation to write.. I don't want to sit here all of next week thumb twiddling!

Surf the CUK forum

Comment

Smile and invoice

Comment

I seem to have managed to put in the hours on CUK already!

Comment

You could go home. Just say, look I've done everything, don't want to waste your time and my time.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            You could go home. Just say, look I've done everything, don't want to waste your time and my time.
            War chest isn't as healthy as I'd like otherwise I definitely would.

Comment

Hipflask.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm probably going to spend as much time "floor walking" the airport hangars trying to find exotic planes.

Either that or try and find an air hostess and some rich dude getting jiggy on one of said planes as it's being prepared, and then blackmail them for many millions of dollars.

Ultimately I'll probably just end up trying to get the overclock on my mining rig bang on for best efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                  War chest isn't as healthy as I'd like otherwise I definitely would.
                  you are living hand to mouth if you can't afford 5 days off. What happens if you get ill?

I read this again, not being a prick, just I would be pissing my pants if I didnt have at least 6 months of reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    you are living hand to mouth if you can't afford 5 days off. What happens if you get ill?

I read this again, not being a prick, just I would be pissing my pants if I didnt have at least 6 months of reserves.
                    Different people have different ideas of an acceptable war chest. Like you, mine is about 6 months. At least two friends of mine will never take time off despite having plenty stashed as they're petrified about being out of work for any length of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X