Warning: PayPal Scam Warning: PayPal Scam
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

Should post faster

Normie is too good to be a permie

Default Warning: PayPal Scam

Received a letter today from "PayPal Credit" telling me that me account is £1200 in arrears - I do have a PayPal account but not PayPal Credit. Did a quick search of the "0800" number quoted in the letter - looks like this is a scam. Thought I would post as a warning to others.

I will report this to PayPal and ActionFraud.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Well done.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Super poster

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

For thems that know what's going on with their paypal account, it'll be suitably ignored. Silly people, like my parents, are less likely to twig. My mum believed that Microsoft had spotted she was having problems with her PC (even though it was her broadband on the blink) and that they really wanted to help fix it.

Super poster

quackhandle is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    For thems that know what's going on with their paypal account, it'll be suitably ignored. Silly people, like my parents, are less likely to twig. My mum believed that Microsoft had spotted she was having problems with her PC (even though it was her broadband on the blink) and that they really wanted to help fix it.
    I was gigging at M$ when my mother got one of these. She rang me up to see if I knew who the guy was who was calling her and could I tell him she didn't need any help.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

Super poster

SlipTheJab is NOT a disguised employee

I got Dave Shawadiwadi ringing my parents with the usual Microsoft problem, I think I managed to keep him on the line for around 45 minutes trying 'fix' my macbook pro... where is that windows key again Dave?

Super poster

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I got Dave Shawadiwadi ringing my parents with the usual Microsoft problem, I think I managed to keep him on the line for around 45 minutes trying 'fix' my macbook pro... where is that windows key again Dave?
    My ex did something similar. Videoed it too. He got some entertaining swears from the chap. I think he put it on youtube

Super poster

SlipTheJab is NOT a disguised employee

My ex did something similar. Videoed it too. He got some entertaining swears from the chap. I think he put it on youtube
    Scum. Linky?

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

I keep falling for that scam where a busty lady wearing a crop top and no bra, jiggles her norks in my face, whilst an accomplice steals tenners from my wallet.

Ho hum.
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    i do this when i'm bored and get a call.
    they don't do Linux in a jockinese accent very well. - 52 minutes is my record
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Received a letter today from "PayPal Credit" telling me that me account is £1200 in arrears - I do have a PayPal account but not PayPal Credit. Did a quick search of the "0800" number quoted in the letter - looks like this is a scam. Thought I would post as a warning to others.

PM me your PayPal account details and I will check it hasn't been compromised.
    Where there's muck there's brass.