• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grassed up to facebook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
    What is a friend? I'm sure I recognise the word from somewhere, some vague memories from childhood, otherwise nothing.
    It's an enemy you haven't met yet.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      On FB, my account is set up in a name that isn't my legal name, but is well known to friends and colleagues. Unfortunately, one of "friends" took exception, and reported my account as pseudonymnous. At that point FB decided that they'd lock the account in 7 days if I don't prove I'm known by the name on my account.

Not that I use the account much, but it's a minor irritation. Especially as the T&C don't say "real name" but "name you are known by".

Anyway, just thought I'd warn others who might not be using their legal name.
      I had the same issue last year - someone (could have been anyone not necessarily anyone on my friends list) anonymously grassed me up to FB. I used a pseudonym that anyone who knows me would have recognised, but people just trawling wouldn't.

I was a bit p*****d of with it at the time as it was useful to keep in touch with old mates. Don't really care now TBH. I refuse to use my real name on the internet.

Don't let it bug you too much - there's some right sad s out there.
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

On FB, my account is set up in a name that isn't my legal name, but is well known to friends and colleagues. Unfortunately, one of "friends" took exception, and reported my account as pseudonymnous. At that point FB decided that they'd lock the account in 7 days if I don't prove I'm known by the name on my account.

Not that I use the account much, but it's a minor irritation. Especially as the T&C don't say "real name" but "name you are known by".

Anyway, just thought I'd warn others who might not be using their legal name.
        pictures or it didn't happen. We know you don't have any.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          pictures or it didn't happen. We know you don't have any.
          I did put the word in quotes. What more do you want? Perhaps I might create a new account : Nick G Dough.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I did put the word in quotes. What more do you want? Perhaps I might create a new account : Nick G Dough.
            Nicky No Mates
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

or Sue Grabbitandrun

Comment

Amanda Huggandkiss

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Now that means you can write up a post saying "Basically if u av anyfing 2 say 2 me say it 2 my face not behidn my back,, fkin snakes"
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I thought your real name was Thomas Neuwirth. Are you telling me that's made up?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This happened to me. I made the mistake of making a comment that criticised a prospective Labour MP which resulted in my FB being assaulted by left-wing attack dogs. Proving my name was a royal pain, as my account name was similar in style to John 'Johno' Smith. In the end FB accepted John Johno Smith but insisted that the single quotes got removed. What petty winkers

Comment

Working...
                      X