• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fee Free Mortgage Advisors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It is standard that they charge you a fee - then you can see how much they are charging, nothing is hidden from you. Stops them from being able to rip you off. But you don’t seem to want that.
    ok whatever you say

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      not for long.
      Pension advice is no longer 'free' as the hidden fees were enormous.
      The point of paying a fee is you know what the fee is.
      I cant comment on pensions. Mortgage advisors take a fee from the lender and the client.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        are you really that bored ?

Comment

I made a mistake opening this thread. There seems to be so many people who defend paying a fee. I asked for fee free suggestions. If you cant comply with my request then please refrain from posting more irrelevant nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Probably more useful than the ones I spoke to there...

Comment

Originally posted by revelator1969 View Post
              are you really that bored ?

Comment

I cant comment on pensions. Mortgage advisors take a fee from the lender and the client.
                A very sweeping statement. And inaccurate.

Some take fees from the provider, some from the client and some from both. Not for long though as I said. It will change to be similar to pensions.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  A very sweeping statement. And inaccurate.

Some take fees from the provider, some from the client and some from both. Not for long though as I said. It will change to be similar to pensions.
                  ok thanks for correcting my info.

Im just looking for a fee free mortgage advisor not a debate.

Comment

ok thanks for correcting my info.

Im just looking for a fee free mortgage advisor not a debate.
                    There’s no such thing.
                    HTHBID
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hypothetical situation coming up

So lets say i contact a fee free mortgage advisor, give them all my details, they come back with a deal for the Nationwide 2.39% starting rate, 2 year fixed, no fees from lender.

I contact a popular mortgae advisor, give them all my details, they come back with a deal for Nationwide 2.29% starting rate, 2yr fixed, no fees from lended, advisor fees are between £600-£900.

So from what i can see on the 2 Keyfacts Illustrations, they are both identical except i will be paying a lot more to the second advisor for the same deal. Am i missing something. WHy would i go with the advisor asking for a fee of £600 to £900.
                      Last edited by revelator1969; 29 January 2018, 21:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X