• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working week is longest in the UK, shortest in Denmark

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There's doing work and there's being at work. I suspect the UK is great at the latter, not so great at the former.
    WHS

The UK is not a very productive environment for work. It should be about quality not quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      WHS

The UK is not a very productive environment for work. It should be about quality not quantity.
      I think there is some truth in this but I don't think it's the entire story.

Lack of investment mean that business are not investing in machinery and equipment. Get cheap labour in and we can import this pretty easily. When you have an abundance of cheap labour why invest in more efficient practices.

Comment

These Are the Most Productive Countries in the World | Time

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
          They seem to be mixing EU and Europe.

Currently in Switzerland, my standard working week is 42 hours.
          Lowest I've seen is 40. Highest is 45.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X