• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working week is longest in the UK, shortest in Denmark

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working week is longest in the UK, shortest in Denmark

How many hours do Europeans work per week? - Product - Eurostat

I am well below average then!

Comment

Interesting, current gig is 35 hours

Comment

Shortly before I went off to work in Denmark, everyone was telling me, oh, they only work a 33 hours week. When I got there turned out to be bollocks, like the if you go to gym three times a week in Sweden you get a day a week off work one that going the rounds.

And the tic-tac-toe machines 'every' German pedestrian crossing has you play with the person oppsoite while you wait to cross - never saw one of those and neither has any German person I know....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Shortly before I went off to work in Denmark, everyone was telling me, oh, they only work a 33 hours week. When I got there turned out to be bollocks, like the if you go to gym three times a week in Sweden you get a day a week off work one that going the rounds.

And the tic-tac-toe machines 'every' German pedestrian crossing has you play with the person oppsoite while you wait to cross - never saw one of those and neither has any German person I know....
          Different to my experience. I spent more time eating cake than actually working. I am sick of cake.

That said, despite earning 4 figures, cake was a luxury. Did most of my shopping at Netto.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            Different to my experience. I spent more time eating cake than actually working. I am sick of cake.

That said, despite earning 4 figures, cake was a luxury. Did most of my shopping at Netto.
            I went to Irma, and the Mad shop in the Main station in Copes. Then a wander around the plastic wonderland that is the Tivoli Gardens. Then bus home to Sydhavn with a kekab from the Poslevogn thing. Always froze my nackers off waiting for that bus, was winter, but funny laughing at the Spanish tourists literally shivering....

Comment

There's doing work and there's being at work. I suspect the UK is great at the latter, not so great at the former.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                I am well below average then!
                "Working" yes, I'm below average too.

"Billing", on the other hand...
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  "Working" yes, I'm below average too.

"Billing", on the other hand...
                  +1 to what Work'T From Home says.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They seem to be mixing EU and Europe.

Currently in Switzerland, my standard working week is 42 hours.

Comment

Working...
                    X