• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying & Humiliation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullying & Humiliation

Do you people condone bullying and humiliation. Several members on my mortgage thread seem to think this is acceptable behaviour. All i did was ask something simple and all i got was a load of replies trying to wind me up, trying to humiliate me in public, trying to make me look stupid and degrade my spirit. Im sure this post will attract more of the stupid posts from these vile people. However I hope there is still a lot of good people on here. Most people get pleasure from helping others. The nasty individuals on my thread seem to get pleasure out of humiliating another human being. A stranger they dont know. This is nothing else but bullying. Im certain they would not be so nasty if they were standing in front of me. Why do they feel the need to inflict this behaviour on another person.

If you dont like my thread fair enough, there is no need to be such nasty individuals. You obviously have serious issues when they need to treat people this way to make themselves feel better.

I have sent all the concerned people a message to see what they have to say. I have no desire to use this forum again. I know i wont be missed. I think a lot of people need to ask themselves is this the kind of forum we want to run when even the admins are having a go too.

In short, yes.

I think the trick is not to rise to the bait, or accept that you might not like the answer to some of your questions.

Comment

In public? On an online forum behind an anonymous log in?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have you read the General forum title?

All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.

Comment

We never even got on to Gladiators and Radiator bleeding

Comment

Originally posted by revelator1969 View Post
            Do you people condone bullying and humiliation.
            Do you condone racist name calling ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Do you condone racist name calling ?
              Not from thick jockos surly ?

Comment

Originally posted by revelator1969 View Post
                Do you people condone bullying and humiliation? Several members on my mortgage thread seem to think this is acceptable behaviour. All I did was ask something simple and all i got was a load of replies trying to wind me up, trying to humiliate me in public, trying to make me look stupid and degrade my spirit. I'm sure this post will attract more of the stupid posts from these vile people. However I hope there is still a lot of good people on here. Most people get pleasure from helping others. The nasty individuals on my thread seem to get pleasure out of humiliating another human being. A stranger they don't know. This is nothing else but bullying. I'm certain they would not be so nasty if they were standing in front of me. Why do they feel the need to inflict this behaviour on another person.

If you don't like my thread fair enough, there is no need to be such nasty individuals. You obviously have serious issues when they need to treat people this way to make themselves feel better.

I have sent all the concerned people a message to see what they have to say. I have no desire to use this forum again. I know Iwont be missed. I think a lot of people need to ask themselves is this the kind of forum we want to run when even the admins are having a go too.
                FTFY

Comment

I sent you a PM as the only one who gave you a sensible answer.
                  In short you are correct, lots of stuff gets allowed that would be instant dismissal or worse in the real world, and on the other hand lots of stuff gets deleted by the mods that only reflects what 99.99% of us say day to day quite legitimately.
                  You see the board has its own version of political correctness, and its own fashion of points of view, and standards of conduct. A political correctness that defends some groups that don’t merit any defence, and happily runs down other groups simply because the virtue signalling version of political correctness has not chosen those groups as worthy of defence.
                  Layered on top of the reality that lots of people are stressed and just using the board to let off steam, and having a pop at newcomers and dumb things said is all part of the relief valve letting off steam.
                  Have a watch of Jordan Peterson on youtube, and his takedown of various fashionable thought police, and let that help.
                  I think on balance I prefer free speech, and probably the board would be better hosted in Somalia beyond the reach of the western legal system, and without any moderation at all other than filtering out automated content but then at least we would all know where we stood. In the wild west on our own.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    I sent you a PM as the only one who gave you a sensible answer.
                    Which, considering the guff you generally post, is a miracle.

Comment

Working...
                    X