• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leave me alone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave me alone

I had forgotten the worst part of being on the bench.

This IS my job.

Trade fair season is starting in Germany, with lots of lovely opportunities to punt our apartment by the congress centre out on AirBnB at rates that would make MarillionFan gasp

3 days in and my nerves are shot by my partner (who confuses contracting with vanlife) pestering me every 5 minutes to do stuff for our guests who arrive today or summoned to be shown crumbs/arm hairs that I have left somewhere.

Should I go to the pub or rent an office?

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

This IS my job.

Trade fair season is starting in Germany, with lots of lovely opportunities to punt our apartment by the congress centre out on AirBnB at rates that would make MarillionFan gasp

3 days in and my nerves are shot by my partner (who confuses contracting with vanlife) pestering me every 5 minutes to do stuff for our guests who arrive today or summoned to be shown crumbs/arm hairs that I have left somewhere.

Go to the pub.

Since you have requested to be left alone, would you like me to lock the thread?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Go to the pub.

Since you have requested to be left alone, would you like me to lock the thread?
      Ha! I would prefer to be locked in the pub.

Comment

Ha! I would prefer to be locked in the pub.

I'd prefer to be locked in the Concorde Room, the landlord of my local stopped serving me 5 hours ago.

Comment

You looking for paid advice of fee free?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm slightly concerned about the title of this thread. You are not left a loan, you are given a loan. Some scheming people hope not to ever have to pay it back, as well.

That'll be £20 please.

Comment

I'd prefer to be locked in the Concorde Room, the landlord of my local stopped serving me 5 hours ago.
              If there were direct flight to LHR from here, I would consider day trips, even with all the ******* youtubers videoing the place. Still rocking my Optiontown pass. As it stands I am stuck with directs to STN, and the Aspire lounge doesn't grab me.

That said the Chargrilled 21 day Birchstead rib eye is on, and I could always hide in the conference room and get pissed.

Comment

I was in the Concorde room on Friday Morning (got there 2 hours before my flight to drink my money's worth) only place I know where you can order 3 black puddings with beans on a bed of toast topped with a poached egg, then send it back as your egg is not runny enough - and they are happy to do so while drinking pink champange and a whisky chaser (at 6am in the morning )

Comment

This IS my job.

Just pretend you have a contract and leave everyday as normal then do stuff you want to do (pub, golf, shagging, movies etc)

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                    I was in the Concorde room on Friday Morning (got there 2 hours before my flight to drink my money's worth) only place I know where you can order 3 black puddings with beans on a bed of toast topped with a poached egg, then send it back as your egg is not runny enough - and they are happy to do so while drinking pink champange and a whisky chaser (at 6am in the morning )
                    Isn't it great? I have never left the place sober.

The insane mileage to get a GGL & CCR card is sobering though.

Comment

Working...
                    X