• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More ripoffs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    that's switzerland fecked then. you can't even wash your clothes on sundays - oh, and germany,
    regulations for everything
    its why our mentally challenged expats love it!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      It's a tax as simple as that.
      It's not a tax, because it's paid to a company, not the government.
      NHS car parks, council car parks, etc are run by private companies who make up the fines/invoices and count the cash. It's almost like a PFI.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        that's switzerland fecked then. you can't even wash your clothes on sundays - oh, and germany,
        regulations for everything
        Originally posted by vetran View Post
        its why our mentally challenged expats love it!
        Although it seems that the UK has overtaken the rest of the world in regulations, petty little laws, H & S bollocks and so on (as evidenced by this thread and another one about speeding). Maybe you're all turning into little wet behind the ears mummies boys
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          It's not a tax, because it's paid to a company, not the government.
          NHS car parks, council car parks, etc are run by private companies who make up the fines/invoices and count the cash. It's almost like a PFI.
          It's a tax, the nhs gets the revenue. Uses that money, it says to pay for patient care. So it's a tax.

Comment

I've no problem with the NHS charging for using their car parks, but I'd say that anybody with a valid reason for being at the hospital eg appointment/work/visiting should be able to have the charge removed provided they can prove their reason for being there. Work and appointments are pretty easy to validate, visiting would have to be by giving over the name of the person they visited etc. Then they can jack the parking price up to whatever stupid amount they like. Anybody proved to be abusing the system could be hit with an even bigger charge. The point is, nobody really chooses to visit a hospital. It's hardly a day out. The car parks should be there for those who need them and nobody else.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's a tax, the nhs gets the revenue. Uses that money, it says to pay for patient care. So it's a tax.

Ah, you're right, I was wrong. I thought the car parks were managed by private firms.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Ah, you're right, I was wrong. I thought the car parks were managed by private firms.
                some are. Hospitals outsource the parking in some instances.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                  I've no problem with the NHS charging for using their car parks, but I'd say that anybody with a valid reason for being at the hospital eg appointment/work/visiting should be able to have the charge removed provided they can prove their reason for being there. Work and appointments are pretty easy to validate, visiting would have to be by giving over the name of the person they visited etc. Then they can jack the parking price up to whatever stupid amount they like. Anybody proved to be abusing the system could be hit with an even bigger charge. The point is, nobody really chooses to visit a hospital. It's hardly a day out. The car parks should be there for those who need them and nobody else.
                  I would rather they made the parking free but charge people £10 for a GP visit.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    I would rather they made the parking free but charge people £10 for a GP visit.
                    I would rather the cost of the parking covered costs of running the car park and not make a profit. Some car parks need to remove the 2 hour limit and allow you to pay for longer.

The problem with the £10 charge is people that really can't afford it won't go and see the GP. Then if their illness gets worse then the cost of treating them could potentially be higher.

Comment

I would rather the cost of the parking covered costs of running the car park and not make a profit. Some car parks need to remove the 2 hour limit and allow you to pay for longer.

The problem with the £10 charge is people that really can't afford it won't go and see the GP. Then if their illness gets worse then the cost of treating them could potentially be higher.
                      that's easy. If you're entitled to a free prescription then you go to the GP for free.
                      That covers kids, pensioners, chronic illnesses (including diabetes).

Oh and ban NHS funding of homeopathy and other non-medicines.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X