• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where in London ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    Was there 5 years. People are either snobby or yobs(generalisation). I moved back to SE LOndon as soon as I could. Prices better as it is not as Trendy - but there are far more average people there. THere are also a few snobs and some yobs - the yobs are everywhere.

I blame the press after the Stephen Lawrence thing - it was a horrible thing that happened to an innocent lad - but to blame an entire region as racist is not right.

Also, the transport links to city and West End are excellent.
    The other advantage of living in SW London is that there are few people with chips on their shoulders as they have all moved to SE London.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      The other advantage of living in SW London is that there are few people with chips on their shoulders as they have all moved to SE London.
      I like Cambridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        I like Cambridge.
        who's a softie southerner now ??
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

who's a softie southerner now ??
          You.

Comment

Welcome back Dodgy. We've missed you (honest)
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
              Twickenham is nice and not as expensive as Richmond (if you don't mind the 80000 rugby fan invasion every once in a while). Isleworth is an up and coming area and has some good property, too
              I can vouch for that - some bargain flats to buy or rent down York Street or Amyand Park Road. After living here for over a year I'm staying put in Twickenham or St Margarets. Bit of a noise issue every other weekend, but apart from that some excellent pubs, cafes, restaurants and only a short hop to Richmond and surrounding parks.

** edit ** Oh, and only 25min to Waterloo by rail

Comment

Small world. I used to leave in Amyand Parkl Road (I may even go back there if I get a London gig in January). Ever been to the St. Margaret's pub? Used to serve really good food but not anymore since they closed for a few weeks last summer (changed management?). And where have all those gorgeous girls gone???
                Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac

Welcome back Dodgy. We've missed you (honest)
                  Thanks Mordy And you used the word "honest" in the same line as my name.

Comment

RH do you commute to central London, if so, how do you find it ?

Also, does anyone commute from Tunbridge Wells, I really like Kent, but I've heard the commute is horrid.

Comment

Thanks Mordy And you used the word "honest" in the same line as my name.
                      Yeah, sorry about that. Won't happen again, promise...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X