• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crapita

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crapita

Capita warns on profit as it sets out drastic shake-up - BBC News

We might be seeing the end of this outsourcer. I am guessing the end will come before the end of this year.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Yes they're 'crap' but they do employ a lot of people... do you have a beef with them? Do they always do a bad job?

Just asking as they're on my list of 'oh tulip is all else fails I could get a job with them'

Comment

Capita Shares fall 40% this morning !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Yes they're 'crap' but they do employ a lot of people... do you have a beef with them? Do they always do a bad job?

Just asking as they're on my list of 'oh tulip is all else fails I could be assimilated by the Borg'
        FTFY
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          FTFY
          Yeah, I know

Comment

Do they always do a bad job?
            I've worked with Capita quite a bit in various divisions and guises. As is often the case, the people are mostly good people completely hampered by an awful management structure and company culture. In my experience, the answer to your question is yes - or, at the very least, a very expensive job.

It's not a company I'd even give a moments consideration to going permie for.

Comment

only a matter of days before they release the news their pension pot has been raided - tax payer bail out
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Crapita dont give a **** about the people they employ never mind the contractors. When I was contracting I only ever once allowed myself to apply for a role with them. They were a real abortion of a recruiter. Half the stuff they used to ask for was just a tick box exercise because 'it is the way we do it'!

Any contractor working for them right now needs to get onto weekly invoicing and payment terms. if Carillion has not taught people to recognise the danger signs they could be in for a rude awakening. Lessen your exposure to this lot of possibly suffer the consequences.

Comment

Do they always do a bad job?
                  The bad job they did for a previous client was worthy of a mention in both Capita's and my previous client's 2016 annual report.
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    I've worked with Capita quite a bit in various divisions and guises. As is often the case, the people are mostly good people completely hampered by an awful management structure and company culture. In my experience, the answer to your question is yes - or, at the very least, a very expensive job.

It's not a company I'd even give a moments consideration to going permie for.
                    I was relying on them for a senior management permie job in my late fifties.

Comment

Working...
                    X