• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remote central heating app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Tado system on mine - https://www.tado.com/en/

My boiler has an RF receiver which wireless communicates with the 'bridge'. The bridge unit is wired in to my switch/router which wireless communicates with the thermostat in the living area. It can do multiple zones, seperate hot water and invididual valves for radiators if you want that sort of function.

Comment

Originally posted by Mag View Post
      I have a Tado system on mine - https://www.tado.com/en/

My boiler has an RF receiver which wireless communicates with the 'bridge'. The bridge unit is wired in to my switch/router which wireless communicates with the thermostat in the living area. It can do multiple zones, seperate hot water and invididual valves for radiators if you want that sort of function.
      I had a Tado, ripped it out and got a Nest, much better. You have to pay a subscription to Tado they continue to chase you for it even after you cancel it. Two countries and three houses later they're still mithering me.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I had a Tado, ripped it out and got a Nest, much better. You have to pay a subscription to Tado they continue to chase you for it even after you cancel it. Two countries and three houses later they're still mithering me.
        A subscription?

I bought mine outright, never paid a penny for it since.

Sounds to me like someone had your pants down.

Comment

I've just completed a Honeywell Evohome installation - all 12 zones set up. I even integrated it (a bit) with IFTTT so I can tell my phone I want a bath or I need to work late, and it heats the relevant room for the desired time. There's even a semi-official homebrew community around it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have Nest plus I got a mixture of wired and wireless Nest smoke alarms. Very happy with it although it has gone down a few times.

On the whole though it's really good - was thinking about the cameras but can't really be bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              I had a Tado, ripped it out and got a Nest, much better.
              Don't try getting rid of the Nest....

Comment

Wouldnt give a penny to British Gas on principal.

Stupid "agile" tossers with idiots in charge on the IT side.

Seb Chakraborty take a bow, idiot of the highest order.

Comment

I like my Nest - I'm not huge into the full house automation stuff and I don't like getting tied completely into things that could disappear tomorrow. Nest has the same problem, to a degree, but as it's just a drop in replacement for a normal thermostat I'm not fussed. It does what I need, which is provide a connected step up from a normal thermostat.

Likewise, I like the Nest Protects

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    That's a granny.

Unless you are Macron.
                    Darmy is so sour he thinks that is ok.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Been using Hive, its quite good.

Comment

Working...
                      X