• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last bastion of interest removed from F1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to get interesting - what will be next and where does it stop? Boxing ring round number holders? Cheerleaders? Models?

Kelly Brooke has already pushed back at this saying that it will put a lot of women out of work that they are actually quite happy doing.

The 'getting by on your looks' industry is under attack from the uglies and fatties that never made the cheerleading team. I think this will be one for the ladies to work out among themselves.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      This is going to get interesting - what will be next and where does it stop? Boxing ring round number holders? Cheerleaders? Models?

Kelly Brooke has already pushed back at this saying that it will put a lot of women out of work that they are actually quite happy doing.

The 'getting by on your looks' industry is under attack from the uglies and fatties that never made the cheerleading team. I think this will be one for the ladies to work out among themselves.
      It's more difficult with sports like boxing or certain types of music. Because then race becomes a factor.

The fact that we have this debate about women holding cards up and then you have women forced to wear clothing that hides their face etc is madness.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Would any of you actually mind if a good looking bloke was holding signs up at a predominantly female sporting event?
        Yes. I would. Not because it objectifies men though, it's just not what I want to see.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Yes. I would. Not because it objectifies men though, it's just not what I want to see.
          The Lance doth protest too much.

I was talking about female sporting events, like...erm, ok mmm women's rugby, nope they are mostly lesbians. Damn, can't think of anything.

Comment

The fact that we have this debate about women holding cards up and then you have women forced to wear clothing that hides their face etc is madness.
            Yes, interesting one that.
            On one side you have people telling women what to wear and when there are complaints that it is degrading/wrong/etc, then the complainers are criticised
            on the other side you have people telling women what to wear and when there are complaints that it is degrading/wrong/etc, then the complainers are criticised

If someone protests about women wearing bikinis, they should also protest about women wearing burkhas. And the reverse should be true as well.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Yes, interesting one that.
              On one side you have people telling women what to wear and when there are complaints that it is degrading/wrong/etc, then the complainers are criticised
              on the other side you have people telling women what to wear and when there are complaints that it is degrading/wrong/etc, then the complainers are criticised

If someone protests about women wearing bikinis, they should also protest about women wearing burkhas. And the reverse should be true as well.
              Might be worth rewriting your post, I gave up on it.

Comment

Might be worth rewriting your post, I gave up on it.
                Try just reading the last sentence.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Lance doth protest too much.

I was talking about female sporting events, like...erm, ok mmm women's rugby, nope they are mostly lesbians. Damn, can't think of anything.
                  Women's football is quite popular - where are the male cheerleaders!

Beach volleyball?
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Try just reading the last sentence.
                    If you can't be arsed rewriting it to make sense I can't be arsed reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Women's football is quite popular - where are the male cheerleaders!

Beach volleyball?
                      Is it quite popular, whats the fan base, young children?

Beach volleyball, is it popular, what's the demographic of the fan base?

Comment

Working...
                      X