• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greedy boomers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So it's far from a foregone conclusion that everyone aged under, say, 50 will be rooting for Labour so they can get their hands on largesse redistributed from old timers if they have to share this with everyone else and in practice barely see a penny of it!
    Syntax a bit convoluted there, so to spell it out in stark terms:

Anyone expecting even the smallest legacy from their aged Ps when these pop off, or from their sugar daddy, or from wherever, would have to be barking mad to vote for Corbyn.

If Corbyn & co get in, then before long inheritance tax will double or more, and be levied on the whole estate. It's a complete sitting duck.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Syntax a bit convoluted there, so to spell it out in stark terms:

Anyone expecting even the smallest legacy from their aged Ps when these pop off, or from their sugar daddy, or from wherever, would have to be barking mad to vote for Corbyn.

If Corbyn & co get in, then before long inheritance tax will double or more, and be levied on the whole estate. It's a complete sitting duck.
      Already I’m expecting zip.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        And you shall receive it! In abundance!
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          And you shall receive it! In abundance!
          £73 per week JSA?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            £73 per week JSA?
            Who do you think he is? One of those posh blokes like psychocandy?

Comment

But don't forget a good proportion of the younger populace expect inheritances from their boomer parents, and they will be (correctly) thinking exactly that about Corbyn & co.

So it's far from a foregone conclusion that everyone aged under, say, 50 will be rooting for Labour so they can get their hands on largesse redistributed from old timers if they have to share this with everyone else and in practice barely see a penny of it!
              As someone under 50, with wealth over a million, I for one won't be rooting for Comrad Corbyn! I'll be voting for the safest hands around at the moment ... the Monster Raving Loony Party
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Good. Sounds like your self centred twatishness is reaping what it's sown. Has anyone suggested to you that saving some of your income and investing it might result in cumulative and passive income which could be used to bridge the gap between your aspirations and reality?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                  Good. Sounds like your self centred twatishness is reaping what it's sown. Has anyone suggested to you that saving some of your income and investing it might result in cumulative and passive income which could be used to bridge the gap between your aspirations and reality?
                  Next you'll be telling him he's responsible for his own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Next you'll be telling him he's responsible for his own actions.
                    Nah - it's everyone else's fault. Although I believe he's generation X (in line for 5% return, the greedy bastard that he is), he does behave like a millenial. Probably corrupted by his kids.

Comment

No doubt the Millennials won't bother to pay for anything but just be very offended on some generations behalf.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X