• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC One The Apprentice - Any tips!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for it, we could all do with a laugh. If there's a greasy IT recruiter in the bunch, he'll win anyway. SurAlan loves a professional bull$hitter...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If they offer you a place then defo go for it.

If something better comes along in the meantime you can just sack it off.

Comment

Worked with a guy, contractor as well at the time, who made it to the last 30 in the preselection.
        Very stereotypical apprentice type of guy
        Asian background
        Problems with the police before in his youth
        "Forgot" to file his accounts
        Big mouth
        Personalised license plate on his way too expensive Audi
        Achieved nothing and somehow managed to get a permanent managerial role in the company where he contracted
        about 50% liked him and the other 50% absolutely despised him (I wa sin the latter group)

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          Do you have any memorable quotes that can be used on advertising and publicity material....?

that has to be repeated, now off to change my trousers after peeing myself laughing!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

pretend you own a tat shop & offer him a sled?

Tell him he is a cretin and he needs your insight?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Use "worldwide" a lot.

You are not a marketing exec, you are the Worldwide marketing executive. You are not an operations manager, you are the Worldwide Operations Manager. You didn't advertise via a card in your local newsagent, you led a worldwide advertising campaign (well it was there for the entire world to see. You certainly didn't stop them).

This shows that you're a big-hitter. Oh yes.

Comment

You need a decent statement to start it all off

'Our strategy is secure. We will lead an open effort of the market through our use of artificial intelligence and data leaders to build a big data. By being both sustainable and networked, our customer focused approach will drive insight from data throughout the organization. Synergies between our learning organization and platform will enable us to capture the upside by becoming agile in a cloud based world. These transformations combined with revolution due to our social media will create a value through blockchain and leaders.'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  You need a decent statement to start it all off

Comment

Unfortunately this year there will not be any Apprentice candidate from CUK!!

Interesting time in London, I can tell you there will be a Brother Sister team this year.

Though I am not sure how they both managed to apply same day same time same moment to get into same group for the day, same sub group in the afternoon, same sub sub group @ 2 PM and with in that sub group they end up standing next each other and had 30 seconds pitch one after the other though that sequence was decided randomly..!!

Mere coincidence ...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                      Unfortunately this year there will not be any Apprentice candidate from CUK!!

Interesting time in London, I can tell you there will be a Brother Sister team this year.

Though I am not sure how they both managed to apply same day same time same moment to get into same group for the day, same sub group in the afternoon, same sub sub group @ 2 PM and with in that sub group they end up standing next each other and had 30 seconds pitch one after the other though that sequence was decided randomly..!!

Mere coincidence ...
                      can i smell a sour grapes aroma?

Comment

Working...
                      X