• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will diesels be banned in city centers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    ok thanks, petrol it is then

now I need to see if I can get a deal on the new cayenne S

Milan.
    Good Choice turbo not an option?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/cayenne

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      I am not rich enough for a Turbo

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        I am not rich enough for a Turbo

Milan.
        Then you are not rich enough for a Porsche

With Porsche on Demand up and going in Germany and the USA, I would wait for the UK offering to hit the UK before buying a Porsche.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-subscriptions

And I don't mean this nonsense.

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessori...ce/e-mobility/

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Then you are not rich enough for a Porsche

With Porsche on Demand up and going in Germany and the USA, I would wait for the UK offering to hit the UK before buying a Porsche.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-subscriptions
          Isn't that basically renting?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Isn't that basically renting?
            I guess more of a hybrid leasing.

Comment

plan b buys the car and depreciates it over 5 years

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Anything which does not scream 'I have a tiny d1ck and am compensating'
                so neither a Q7 (C*NTS car) nor a Cayenne (more money than taste car).
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Slight curve ball:

My partner has just bought an M550dA Touring Xdrive, I steal it off her frequently. I don't think the 550d is available in the UK (I was unable to buy a 750d last year), but I can imagine the 530d/540d are very very good, and worth considering along with the cars you mentioned unless you absolutley need a 4x4.

* The reason I mention this is that it has power to rival the SQ7 while only putting out 154g/km of C02.
                  Last edited by clearedforlanding; 6 February 2018, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    so neither a Q7 (C*NTS car) nor a Cayenne (more money than taste car).
                    Yup thats about right.

Only SUV to be seen in this year is the Stelvio.

Just cos!

Comment

When one starts, others will follow:

1. A diesel driving ban (which could have nationwide significance) will be negotiated in court

On February 22nd, the Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig will decide on the possible ban of diesel automobiles in city centres.

After the German Environmental Aid (DUH) successfully filed a lawsuit on the ban of diesel cars in cities with nitrogen dioxide emissions above the limit value in North Rhine-Westphalia, the Administrative Court will rule later this month on the appeal.

At least ten major cities could in future be subjected to the ban on older diesel vehicles if their engines are not converted, according to a study conducted by car expert Ferdinand Dudenhöffer.

This means that bans could be imposed in Munich, Stuttgart, Cologne, Reutlingen, Hamburg, Heilbronn, Kiel, Düsseldorf, Darmstadt and Ludwigsburg, according to an analysis by the Center for Automotive Research (CAR Institute) at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X