• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will diesels be banned in city centers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Ok OwlHoot, same question for you,

Out of curiosity, in this price range, for a family of four, which comfortable long distance tourer would you buy for
    away days and holidays ?

I wouldn't mind the new S Class, but the Mrs prefers being higher up. If I can get one for the right price I might get a GLS.

I wouldn't touch anything JLR, and the Levante is too showing off, so what's left, something from VAG ? Or wait for the X7 ?

Milan.
    Well TBH I'm not clued up enough about these recent models to give a useful reply. But it's an interesting and potentially useful thread.

(I asked about SUVs here a month or so ago, and also had loads of useful feedback.)

P.S. There's nothing wrong with showing off, if you can afford it and need the extra space or comfort, or what have you, for long-distance driving for example or family hols.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

you are indeed very brave Lance in more ways than one

buying premium cars out of manufacturer's warranty would scare me to death - brother-in-law just had 9grands worth of warranty work done on his 5GT, needed the xdrive central differential/clutch replaced !

secondly, JLR, I grew up in the sticks, and aside of plans to own a series 3 and a tdi300 90 one day (and maybe an XJS), I would touch JLR products with a barge pole

I buy new and pay for the extension to the manufacturer's warranty !

Milan.
      Don't use a main dealer for repairs.
      Get to know a good mechanic.

£9k for a diff and clutch?????? They saw him coming. I got a full gearbox for my last range rover for £1200 cash (no VAT).

JLRs are much, much better now they've got rid of all the BMW parts. The only faults on m,ine were the BMW parts, some of them the same fecking part that went wrong in my 525 I had previously. BMW is more badge than engineering.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Don't use a main dealer for repairs.
        Get to know a good mechanic.

£9k for a diff and clutch?????? They saw him coming. I got a full gearbox for my last range rover for £1200 cash (no VAT).

JLRs are much, much better now they've got rid of all the BMW parts. The only faults on m,ine were the BMW parts, some of them the same fecking part that went wrong in my 525 I had previously. BMW is more badge than engineering.
        that was done on the guarantee thank fully

The current RRV is nice, do I trust it, not sure ? I really do not want to get half way to an away day or holiday destination and have a fault with the car.

My Q7 has not missed a beat in the last 4 years touch wood.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Well TBH I'm not clued up enough about these recent models to give a useful reply. But it's an interesting and potentially useful thread.

(I asked about SUVs here a month or so ago, and also had loads of useful feedback.)

P.S. There's nothing wrong with showing off, if you can afford it and need the extra space or comfort, or what have you, for long-distance driving for example or family hols.

I really don't want to show off, I'd buy a new Pathfinder v6 tomorrow if they still made it

VW are bringing out a new Toerag in the spring, that might be an option.

Regarding this thread, here on the mainland, Audi don't sell a Q7 with a Petrol engine these days ! Hence the Cayenne is the only option for a high performance petrol grand tourer

Milan.

Comment

I really don't want to show off, I'd buy a new Pathfinder v6 tomorrow if they still made it

VW are bringing out a new Toerag in the spring, that might be an option.

Regarding this thread, here on the mainland, Audi don't sell a Q7 with a Petrol engine these days ! Hence the Cayenne is the only option for a high performance petrol grand tourer

Milan.
            Suv != GT

Comment

When I read the title of this post, I'm like What will be banned?

Kennst du?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I already said I don't focus on details so yes your 3litre would fit the bill

Milan.
                nah it's got to be a SUV higher / height

Milan.
                Just a small detail. Apparently SUVs are going to be banned from a number of German cities too
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Just bought a 320d Sport. Nothing is going to change in the next 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Just a small detail. Apparently SUVs are going to be banned from a number of German cities too

ffs

you are joking now ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X