• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll: UK house prices, where next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: UK house prices, where next?

Just as a bit of fun.

We've now seen sudden sell offs from US, Asian, and European stocks markets. Investors are reeling in overinflated assets. Is it now only a matter of time before the UK house prices collapse to 3-fold of the average income? This would represent a 60-70% correction.

Not so concerned about a price correction myself, but rather the speed at which it could occur. Should this happen to UK house prices... then we'll have cats and dogs playing together, leave voters signing up for EU passports, with Jeremy Corbyn as PM quicker than Jacob Rees-Mogg can say floccinaucinihilipilification whilst eating is morning soufflé.
    increase 75%
    28.57%
    increase 50%
    0.00%
    increase 25%
    28.57%
    decrease 25%
    14.29%
    decrease 50%
    0.00%
    decrease 75%
    14.29%
    Can’t afford a house, living with Andy White’s mum
    14.29%
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

The US 10yr is the thing to watch...

Too early to predict anything, but I think everyone would agree that valuations of most assets (and crypto^10), are laughably detached from any fundamentals (e.g. wage growth), absent cheap money.

Comment

Plus, IIRC, I think a couple of taps are being turned off in the UK imminently - the Term Funding Scheme and the Funding for Lending Scheme. If you recall, savings rates and mortgage rates shot in opposite directions when the latter was first introduced in (IIRC) late 2012.

Comment

Forget where I read it, might have been the FT... it seems there's a number of folks who have interest only mortgages that are set to mature in the next 3-5 years without any means to pay off the debt. If there's a price collapse before then, then it'll certainly get interesting.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Just as a bit of fun.

We've now seen sudden sell offs from US, Asian, and European stocks markets. Investors are reeling in overinflated assets. Is it now only a matter of time before the UK house prices collapse to 3-fold of the average income? This would represent a 60-70% correction.

Not so concerned about a price correction myself, but rather the speed at which it could occur. Should this happen to UK house prices... then we'll have cats and dogs playing together, leave voters signing up for EU passports, with Jeremy Corbyn as PM quicker than Jacob Rees-Mogg can say floccinaucinihilipilification whilst eating is morning soufflé.
          Can we create a forum just for you, call it depression or something similar. Seriously, get down to the doctors and get some drugs.

Comment

There's certainly been a massive gap open up between London and everywhere else.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/infla...english-region

Comment

Working...
            X