• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ok all, mankind is now peoplekind.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I watched the video and it did not look like it was taken out of context.

He might be back tracking but it did not look like a joke.
    I've not seen the video - I don't care enough to watch. The quote is from the Times, which isn't usually a safe place for virtue signalling - nor a fan of Trudeau.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Woman is presumably womb - man, very sexist to name them after a reproductive organ. Maybe equality would be best served by referring to men as knobman or summit.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        So, MaMan = Man, WoMan = Woman and Man = All.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Woman is presumably womb - man, very sexist to name them after a reproductive organ. Maybe equality would be best served by referring to men as knobman or summit.
          Woman comes from old English "wifman" (wife-man), and stems from a time when "man" simply meant "human". Womb is Old English, with wamb as a variant spelling, meaning "belly, bowels, heart, uterus." It's not connected to woman.

Incidentally, the word "human" comes from French "humain", so it not connected to the word "man".

I don't think referring to men as "summit" will work well.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I've not seen the video - I don't care enough to watch. The quote is from the Times, which isn't usually a safe place for virtue signalling - nor a fan of Trudeau.
            I've seen the video. I can't see May or any British politician exposing themselves like that (except for BoJo, fnarrr fnarrr) so he deserves some kudos for that, but it does seem to me be a slightly sarcastic/exasperated response to a very long-winded and weird question, from someone who is part of a Korean cult. It worked in that it shut her down.

Comment

Working...
            X