• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office politics - bad clients you've had?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Virgin Media. Managers only interested in their own bonus and sucking up to their own managers.
    Had to do a project presentation, send the slides one week before to the department manager, she said it was good. Held the presentation and the departments manager's manager came suddenly in, halfway through the meeting, disrupted the whole thing as she usually does, said behind my back, she didn't like my slides, resulting in department manager also not liking the slides.
    Things like this were(and as my informants tell are still) going on, on an almost daily basis. Constant backstabbing as soon as you walked out of a meeting where everybody agreed with the outcome. Was gone very quickly from that hornets nest
    Ive found the opposite happens in "some" PS places. New manager comes in, or transfers from another dept. Permies whove been there 30 year decide they dont need new manager, carry on as before, ignoring what new manager does etc. A battle commences.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Mods, cant we give Psycho here his own sub forum ?
      Or a custom title something along the lines of 'Banned'
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Thought u'd be along soon
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          what

"Not Banned like NLUK"

calling for a poster to be banned warms up the ban hammer.

Your Bromance warms our hearts - get a flaming room!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Today I had cornflakes for breakfast followed by a large tulip.
            Strange choice. I prefer cornflakes followed by jam on toast.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              what

"Not Banned like NLUK"

calling for a poster to be banned warms up the ban hammer.

Your Bromance warms our hearts - get a flaming room!
              Can we ban Vetran please. Reason - About as funny as a dose of piles.

Thank you.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 9 February 2018, 10:59.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                The worst job ever has not been so much the client but replacing another contractor.

I recall one job with THALES whereby the contractor I replaced I had to complete his job. I then realised the job I was to complete had not really begun, and it was fairly obvious. Thus I presented the evidence and status to the client. They were furious. Took it out on me. I stuck the job for 6 months. A job that really needed 2 years.

The worst part was the intimidation, when it became clear I was not renewing they pulled me upstairs. Me in the chair with the MD, the line managers 8 versus 1. First came threats, you've got to renew it's in your contract (no it isn't) followed by - "we'll give you your own office" - "pay for your flights to London" - "how much do you want?" -

No one threatens Scooter. I left and felt a whole lot happier for doing so.
                Text book example of the "humble brag"
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

First contract was bad, warning signs straight off. Guy had been promoted and half the senior devs had left or were in the process of leaving.

He was a really clever bloke and in hindsight I would say he had bipolar or something similar. Anyway, he would ruin my carefully planned sign off meetings and would aggressively pepper me with questions. He would also constantly interrupt me, I mean constantly, very strange. In the end after another peppering session I told him to be quiet and left early on a Friday afternoon. Met up with him the next week, explained to him why I was leaving. As I was telling him that he constantly interrupted me he was interrupting me - just could not help himself.

Strange though, I quite liked the guy, he just did these strange things.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Text book example of the "humble brag"
                    Was answering a question, was aye naw?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

NHS.

<shudder>.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X