• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office politics - bad clients you've had?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Arguing my point with some wrinkly old change control manager tart, she wasn't convinced about my assertion that the change I wanted done would have no adverse effect on service.

She (mistakenly) uttered the phrase, "I've been burned before".

I said, "They normally only do that if you don't drown".
    brilliant.

No wonder you got fired.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I have worked for the same guy twice. In two different companies. In both instances I had to play games to get him fired, as he was so totally useless. The second time he hired me (I didnt know it was him till I turned up for the interview) having obviously no clue that I was the reason he had the boot from the previous place. Anyways I needed the money and took the gig, gave him the benefit of the doubt, but ended up working the system to get him kicked out. Ended up being offered a very senior perm role there myself one below VP if IT worldwide for a big multi tens of billion company, currently looking back thinking I probably should have taken it.

Other times I have not been so lucky and have just walked rather than work for complete $%£$%

Office politics sadly is necessary sometimes to get things done, although I would prefer to keep out of it and be completely straigtforward

Funny old game

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        I have worked for the same guy twice. In two different companies. In both instances I had to play games to get him fired, as he was so totally useless. The second time he hired me (I didnt know it was him till I turned up for the interview) having obviously no clue that I was the reason he had the boot from the previous place. Anyways I needed the money and took the gig, gave him the benefit of the doubt, but ended up working the system to get him kicked out. Ended up being offered a very senior perm role there myself one below VP if IT worldwide for a big multi tens of billion company, currently looking back thinking I probably should have taken it.

Other times I have not been so lucky and have just walked rather than work for complete $%£$%

Office politics sadly is necessary sometimes to get things done, although I would prefer to keep out of it and be completely straigtforward

Funny old game
        What's your real name? - edmund blackadder??
        I hope i never have to work anywhere near you

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            What's your real name? - edmund blackadder??
            I hope i never have to work anywhere near you
            why what have I done

it was shaft or be shafted, kill or be killed

Comment

I had to play this to someone in a meeting once.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                why what have I done

it was shaft or be shafted, kill or be killed
                Oh, the drama

Comment

Working...
                X