• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just give us the feckin money - so we can spend it on prostitutes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post

Do a poll on the forum female member for "how many were still a virgin at 16" and see the results
    But for the gentlemen members, on the other hand, it's a whole different story...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Remember seeing an expose of the salaries that the CEOs of various Charities were being paid. Eye-wateringly huge!! Seems wrong really.

OxfamGate tale of the tape (2017) ...

http://offlinehbpl.hbpl.co.uk/NewsAt...1PayStudy3.pdf

Every 'CEO' of the top 100 charities is 'earning' 6 figures (i.e. fleecing the contributions pot for 6 figures).
      One of my favorites from the list is 'Caudwell Children' at no.24 - £8m income, CEO takes £230k - he/she takes 3% of all contributions !
      Last edited by SunnyInHades; 11 February 2018, 17:54.

Comment

They were told to "go and fill in the cracks".....

Comment

On reflection, provided that the Aid Workers involved were only using their own salaries for this "R & R" and not using embezzled charity funds, it all sounds like a bit of a knee-jerk over-reaction.

I mean if you are single and working away from home for prolonged periods, is it really all that heinous to get involved with the oldest profession in the world? (Assuming of course that the "protagonists" are of an appropriate age).

That model has worked for the Military for centuries after all.

Just saying.................
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            On reflection, provided that the Aid Workers involved were only using their own salaries for this "R & R" and not using embezzled charity funds, it all sounds like a bit of a knee-jerk over-reaction.

I mean if you are single and working away from home for prolonged periods, is it really all that heinous to get involved with the oldest profession in the world? (Assuming of course that the "protagonists" are of an appropriate age).

That model has worked for the Military for centuries after all.

Just saying.................
            Unfortunately there are a number of things wrong here.

1. The Prostitutes are believed to be underage. The pictures of the Aid workers make them more NLyUK's age.

2. Whilst prostitution may be the oldest profession most western companies would be very unhappy with staff who set up a whorehouse in a property they paid to rent.

3. These organisations are funded by the public either directly or indirectly (via taxation), they prey on our morality for their funding, their behaviour should be above reproach.

YMMV
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Unfortunately there are a number of things wrong here.

1. The Prostitutes are believed to be underage. The pictures of the Aid workers make them more NLyUK's age.

2. Whilst prostitution may be the oldest profession most western companies would be very unhappy with staff who set up a whorehouse in a property they paid to rent.

3. These organisations are funded by the public either directly or indirectly (via taxation), they prey on our morality for their funding, their behaviour should be above reproach.

YMMV
              As long as the whores are of legal age and paid from their clients own pockets there should be no problem at all. Again the left are pretend shocked over nothing.

Comment

The're not the only ones, at least hypocritical right wing politicians use taxpayer's money: https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/02/...et-sex-worker/
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Now it's coming out that volunteers in Oxfam shops have been abusing people:

Oxfam scandal: Claims of sex abuse in its charity shops | Daily Mail Online

Not really my thing standing around in shops, I prefer more active volunteer stuff like inspecting and repairing footpaths. Footpath signs can't talk fortunately.

Seriously, in all my years at work I can only remember one person ever mentioning any harassment and that was just a bloke making a joke about her big t*ts. Is all this abuse stuff overblown?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Now it's coming out that volunteers in Oxfam shops have been abusing people:

Is all this abuse stuff overblown?
                    It's in the Daily Mail, so yes.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

At first glance, a whiff of hypocrisy? It is entirely possible the House of Commons (and other august bodies) would be improved by the removal of anyone who ever obtained sexual favours for money or by the abuse of a position of power.

But even if the transactions were purely commercial and entered into willingly, prostitution is illegal in Haiti, and surely the employees would have had something in their T&Cs about respecting all local laws and customs.

And some degree of coercion was surely present, as Suzanne Moore writes:

*Let us not muddy the waters by describing this as “the use of prostitutes” or by pretending this is the first time “do-gooders” have done wrong. Prostitution implies choice and consent. It is not clear how any choice was made, in the devastating aftermath of the Haiti earthquake, when women had so little that they were bought for the price of a meal or a cheap pair of shoes.
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X