• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensitive Londoners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensitive Londoners

I've noticed a trend. Even in joking, if you take the piss out of London suddenly it's like you have insulted someone's mum.

I think it's got some good bits, but mostly it's a tulip hole. Speak to a Londoner and it's the greatest city in the world. Speak to some idiot from up north commuting to this tulip hole and he says it's the best thing ever, like he is trying to convince himself his life is not in the toilet.

I think Liverpool is better.

What is the difference between a battery and an Scouser?
    a battery has a positive side.

Comment

London isn't perfect, that's for sure. I like it though, better than the nowhereville I used to live.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Speak to a Londoner
        If you can fooking FIND one!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It’s like £2 a pint down there I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            It’s like £2 a pint down there I believe.
            No, it's closer to a tenner, but that's just to keep the riff-raff out. HTH.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I've noticed a trend. Even in joking, if you take the piss out of London suddenly it's like you have insulted someone's mum.

I think it's got some good bits, but mostly it's a tulip hole. Speak to a Londoner and it's the greatest city in the world. Speak to some idiot from up north commuting to this tulip hole and he says it's the best thing ever, like he is trying to convince himself his life is not in the toilet.

I think Liverpool is better.
              I like London a lot and it is a genuine world city. But I prefer a night out in Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                But I prefer a night out in Liverpool.
                You would. You are the proverbial Fairy across the Mersey!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  I like London a lot and it is a genuine world city. But I prefer a night out in Liverpool.
                  The most sensible thing you have said in a while, keep this up and you can be my friend.

Comment

The most sensible thing you have said in a while, keep this up and you can be my friend.
                    For a price, you can be her friend whenever you like. Of course, the price depends on whether you can get free prescriptions for the inevitable course of antibiotics...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X