• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensitive Londoners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yep, - lucky basstard for sure. - no mortars, rpg's or small arms fire
    jealous i am
    Is this you saying 'I was in the Army?'

I got attacked by a bull in Dornoch village near Eastriggs, though I was after shagging one of his cow girlfriends, there being no trespass in Scotland I was just ambling across the field. That hurt more than anything ever apart the catheter I had a few years back.

Then again I didn't sign up for that, if you join the army, your going to get shot at....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Did you ever read JPod?
      I've bought it for my kindle but got side-tracked with prince of thorns trilogy, then I got into the fantasy genre and a trilogy by Joe Abercombie.

So it's on my list to read.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Me too - the worst one ever was the Conway Castle in Birmingham, Jesus that was bad, and the Commercial in Prescott, some Scouse twat didn't like my shirt and started on me just because of that. At like 6:00pm (start of a pub crawl into the Pool).

Had a pool ball (the while one) thrown at me in Annan, Dumfriesshire due to my brother mouthing it off, missed me by inches and popped the window behind me, and we got thrown out...

Tramways Hotel in Bolton, another bloke who took exception to me, pissed as fart he was though, two punches and he was down, barred from there but wasn't bothered, right dump.

Got involved in a mass brawl in a pub in Sheffield, after a match, got well whacked rabbit punch, **** me I saw stars, stayed on my feet though but I was wobbling like fook, got my head together and turned out it was all my fault, I have no memory of that!

I should say I was pretty handy back then, boxer, tall, skinny, long reach, no temper, doesn't really help in a full on mass fight but one-to-one...

Must be more of these, late 70's early 80's was A1 for rucking, oh, got leathered several times by the coppers in the back of the van after the match, hose-piped, no marks or very little. No fighting back just take it.

Got hit by broken-off seat bounced dam-buster style off the terrace from the seated area above, Sheffield again, this time at home, back of the head again, again stayed on my feet.

Only time I ever got knocked out I think was in a car crash, real double roll-over, hit a lamppost job. Escaped with scratches, I am one of life's totally lucky basstards.....
        I reckon I could take you, just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Maybe I got lucky but I never saw violence in Liverpool of the women glassing each other style.
          When I was lad we used to start out in Bootle then head to the city centre, we would do this 3-4 times a week. I've never seen any real violence. We all still meet up once perhaps twice a year for an all dayer and yep nothing bad. Always felt safe.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Is this you saying 'I was in the Army?'

I got attacked by a bull in Dornoch village near Eastriggs, though I was after shagging one of his cow girlfriends, there being no trespass in Scotland I was just ambling across the field. That hurt more than anything ever apart the catheter I had a few years back.

Then again I didn't sign up for that, if you join the army, your going to get shot at....
            well, if you were after his girlfriend, he's perfectly justified

Comment

Working...
            X