• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More political correctness - blackberry allergies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    ...No - it is simply people who feel that if they had a blackberry allergy they would be offended by this..
    You missed this bit?

The charity Kids with Food Allergies Foundation said in a Facebook post "food allergy 'jokes' are harmful to our community".

They directly help people who have, or whose kids have life threatening allergies. If an epi-pen is needed, then the allergic reaction is life threatening (between 1 and 2 in a 100 events results in death - about 20% in hospitalisaion). They're not "offended", they're pointing out that minimising something that is life threatening for the sake of humour in a mainstream production is probably not a good thing. I've known two people in my life who have food allergies to the extent that exposure does mean they might die if they don't get that adrenalin injection quick. Highly amusing.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

People boycotting Peter Rabbit ‘should probably avoid’ Watership Down
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What's so frustrating is you can't seem to buy t shirts that have:

I AM
        ABJECTLY SORRY
        FOR WHATEVER
        I JUST SAID
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          Pathetic, the World's gone mad.

It's all down to social media
          Indeed. The Curse of the Easily-Offended spreads its dreary tentacles ever further.

Bring back the good old days....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            You missed this bit?

The charity Kids with Food Allergies Foundation said in a Facebook post "food allergy 'jokes' are harmful to our community".

They directly help people who have, or whose kids have life threatening allergies. If an epi-pen is needed, then the allergic reaction is life threatening (between 1 and 2 in a 100 events results in death - about 20% in hospitalisaion). They're not "offended", they're pointing out that minimising something that is life threatening for the sake of humour in a mainstream production is probably not a good thing. I've known two people in my life who have food allergies to the extent that exposure does mean they might die if they don't get that adrenalin injection quick. Highly amusing.
            Did the person who wrote this have an allergy?

Comment

Did the person who wrote this have an allergy?
              They are a charity set up to help parents whose children have food allergies, does that make them evil or irrelevant?

About KFA
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was thinking about this last night and think i have found the problem.

Kids nowadays are bought up to make sure they are a voice for 'those who cannot be heard'.

Thus obviously why you see people getting offended about things which do not affect them - they are assuming they have a privilege to speak out for these people - as obviously these people cannot do it themselves or they would be doing - with me so far?

So has anyone who has a blackberry allergy actually got upset about this? ..
                I'm allergic to blackberries, and I'm livid!

I find the little pips get between my teeth, although blackberry jam is fine
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  They are a charity set up to help parents whose children have food allergies, does that make them evil or irrelevant?

About KFA
                  Ok - I know people who were are allergic to things and this did not offend them, they found it funny and felt the film should not have been vilified and in fact it should have been left alone.

However their voices have not been heard and they now have people allegedly campaigning on their behalf.

And they do not want it.

Every story has two sides.

Comment

Amazing how many people appear to be offended by a petition.

Comment

Idiots on the left "If you say anything I disagree with, I'll label you as offensive." Hence shutting down any reasoned discussion.

Idiots on the right "If you say anything I disagree with, you're only saying that because your offended." Hence shutting down any reasoned discussion.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X