• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More political correctness - blackberry allergies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Not all of the younger generations it would appear - depending on where in the world you live some of them are dealing with bigger issues:

Ahed Tamimi: Who is Palestinian teenage protester and why is she being detained? | The Independent

Brave girl - is there a #hashtag for her? I wonder how much traction it's getting among the empowered progressives of whom this girl should be a shining example - a feminist icon even.

But i think the California snowflakes would probably see her as a terrorist as she's on the wrong side of the tracks.
    On the other hand, she's probably a poster girl for British teenage snowflake/millenial activists. Funnily enough, I didn't have you down as one of those, but then, life is constantly surprising.

I can imagine the DM headline though: "Teenage Islamist launches unprovoked attack on two soldiers"

Anyway, you portray a false dichotomy - it's possible to be angered and feel something should be done about minor things and major things. The fact that Palestinian teenagers are sometimes treated very badly by the Israeli justice/military system does not mean that the "blackberry assault" is just to be ignored.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      On the other hand, she's probably a poster girl for British teenage snowflake/millenial activists. Funnily enough, I didn't have you down as one of those, but then, life is constantly surprising.

I can imagine the DM headline though: "Teenage Islamist launches unprovoked attack on two soldiers"

Anyway, you portray a false dichotomy - it's possible to be angered and feel something should be done about minor things and major things. The fact that Palestinian teenagers are sometimes treated very badly by the Israeli justice/military system does not mean that the "blackberry assault" is just to be ignored.
      I'm not a teenage snowflake/millennial activist - you can be sure of that. I'm a "white male". The point I was making that here is a young girl who is brave, empowered and in my opinion worthy of recognition in a time when feminism is a very big thing just about everywhere you look.

I also agree that the blackberry assault could encourage copycat behaviour in young kids:

In this context I can see the point, the James Bulger case comes to mind when seeing this. It's a shame the PC movement and it's counter movement have got so out of hand.
      The point I'm making is that the PC brigade and snowflakes put their anger, energy and effort into attacking inane 1st world problems that are easy when they could be going after bigger and more serious issues and make a better contribution with their protests - like this young Palestinian girl.

It's not like they don't have enough serious problems on their doorstep to tackle. But they won't because they don't have the backbone for it.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
      X