• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed to BOOMED!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed to BOOMED!

When I found myself stuck in hospital at the start of December, my contract was due to end in early January. An extension had been on the cards, but as the heart surgery meant I'd be unable to work until the end of January at the earliest, ClientCo naturally had to start looking elsewhere.

But they haven't managed to find anyone to replace me - not, I assume, because of any special virtue I might possess, but because they're off in the wilds of Cambridgeshire and it's hard to find someone willing to commute there.

So tomorrow morning, I shall resume the three day week I've been doing for them since last year

Nice one Nick - and glad to hear you're recovering well. I missed the gory details on that one - I hope whatever it is is done and dusted!

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Nice one Nick - and glad to hear you're recovering well. I missed the gory details on that one - I hope whatever it is is done and dusted!
        See links posted while expecting an angioplasty, links posted while awaiting a double bypass instead, and links posted while being discharged; and for all the details, TPD from here on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          So tomorrow morning, I shall resume the three day week I've been doing for them since last year
          Great news, Nick! Back on with the old monkey suit, eh....?

Comment

Comment

What a nice warm good news story to warm this cold winter's evening.

Congrats and bananas to you sir.

Comment

Nice one Nick, 3 days sounds perfect to.

Top banana!!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Some of us have seen the scars!

Comment

Nice one Nick!

Comment

Working...
                    X