• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been delivered another "you were not in" card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Why didn't you just open the door to them ? That's the ridiculous bit.
    No, because that would be acting sensibly, it's easier to rant and complain than do something rational and sensible. You're clearly not clued in to the MO of the complainer.

"I would rather not have my parcel and spend time complaining about not having it, than open my door and getting it"

The response will be "that's not the point, they should do their job", my response to that is "obviously the parcel isn't important to you, or when you saw it you would have done something to get it"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Happens all the time with me. Mrs phones the courier company and tells them what driver has done and to get his arse back there. Usually they come back all sheepish saying they did knock the door but maybe not long enough.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        No, because that would be acting sensibly, it's easier to rant and complain than do something rational and sensible. You're clearly not clued in to the MO of the complainer.

"I would rather not have my parcel and spend time complaining about not having it, than open my door and getting it"

The response will be "that's not the point, they should do their job", my response to that is "obviously the parcel isn't important to you, or when you saw it you would have done something to get it"
        Indeed very true - people are far more interested in moaning about a problem than actually solving it.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Probably the delivery was outsourced to Tata in the OPs instance

Comment

Working...
          X