• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been delivered another "you were not in" card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been delivered another "you were not in" card

What is it with parcel companies, DFD, Post Office, DXdelivery ?

Drop a card through the door saying I was not in when I am standing watching them

Its hilarious but ridiculous

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

Drop a card through the door saying I was not in when I am standing watching them

So did you let them drive away without delivering the parcel then?

Comment

Otherwise known as gainful employment....

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Comment

Or the other current favourite of just leaving a parcel on the front door step and then you receive an email to say handed to resident. Not as annoying as what the OP stated but leaves you with a chance of someone taking the parcel if they so desire!

Comment

We had one where the delivery company said a neighbors delivery had been handed to us - It hadn't! So now my neighbor probably thinks we've nicked it
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I wonder what you must have said to the guy after that?

Comment

I used to think a lot of the complaints about parcel companies were exaggerated until I once had a card from Yodel through the door. It had some completely illegible writing on it but a checkbox by the "in a safe place".

After much searching, I eventually found it on the garage roof - about ten feet behind a locked gate....

Comment

The M&S delivery people (forget who they are?) just leave boxes containing clothes in the garden to get rained on

When I lived in a flat (posh yuppy one before you ask) the post office/parcelforce people did not even leave the depot with the parcels, they just brought the cards out already filled in, they simply could not be bothered and all the residents had to go to the sorting office to pickup their stuff even if they were standing there as the postie came to the door

amazing this stuff is allowed to continie

Comment

I had an odd one this week that I've not seen before. I'd nipped out to the shop and missed the post. When I got back I'd got a post office thing to tell me to go to the sorting office to pick up my parcel. However I spotted the postie delivering to other flats so went down to get the parcel. She told me that the parcel was at the sorting office already and that they push these notices through the following day if they were unable to deliver the package. I'm pretty sure that is bulltulip but it's pretty hard to prove - just stick one of these through each door and make the customers drive to your office to pick them up.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Why didn't you just open the door to them ? That's the ridiculous bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X