• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Not Ready for Driverless Cars Before 2030s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a terrible road accident today round the corner from our office which got me thinking. If this were to happen when we have driverless cars, where would the responsibility lie - the passenger (assuming there was a manual override) or the manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      There was a terrible road accident today round the corner from our office which got me thinking. If this were to happen when we have driverless cars, where would the responsibility lie - the passenger (assuming there was a manual override) or the manufacturer?
      I imagine that there would need to be a "black box" recorder in every driverless car which would be able to demonstrate where the fault lies.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Driverless cars would mean the driving software was in charge and therefore at fault. Would give a new meaning to 'the blue screen of death' though.

As a passenger I would want no responsibility, just a big red 'stop' button for emergencies like there are on trains.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Potholes - that's why driverless cars won't happen.

Comment

Working...
          X