• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ANyone tried the Brave browser?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANyone tried the Brave browser?

Apparently as regards privacy and ad suppression, Brave is the best thing since sliced bread

Although doubtless there are others like that, and I know one can open anonymous windows in Firefox.

Think I'll give Brave a go at the weekend g
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Apparently as regards privacy and ad suppression, Brave is the best thing since sliced bread

Although doubtless there are others like that, and I know one can open anonymous windows in Firefox.

Think I'll give Brave a go at the weekend g
    You have something you wish to .. erm.. anonymously browse?

( . ) ( . )

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

( . ) ( . )
      No, but don't forget it's not just about privacy. Anything that cuts the carp adware, especially videos, should perform much better.

But that said, I do find it a bit creepy and irritating when after searching for something in Amazon I am immediately bombarded with ads for the same on other pages.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

( . ) ( . )
        Brave goes a step further than just Private browsing on the local device. It also blocks the tracking tools that most large sites use to figure out where you have been and predict where you are likely to go. It's how they target you with adds on unrelated websites for stuff you've looked at recently.

It also supports Tor out of the box so you can get properly anonymised browsing if you so wish.

I've not tried it myself but does look good for those who want to minimize their online trail.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Brave goes a step further than just Private browsing on the local device. It also blocks the tracking tools that most large sites use to figure out where you have been and predict where you are likely to go. It's how they target you with adds on unrelated websites for stuff you've looked at recently.

It also supports Tor out of the box so you can get properly anonymised browsing if you so wish.

I've not tried it myself but does look good for those who want to minimize their online trail.
          Ok.....

Comment

Why not use Tor itself

Comment

You can take our SSL but you will never take our cookies!!!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Looks interesting, might give it a try myself
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Recently swapped to Brave on my Android twitbrick & woah what a difference.
                  Much faster browsing, and with Chrome/Google apps removed my phone suddenly seems to be processing at warp speed.....guess that's due to the lack of all the 'surveillance capitalism' junk spyware watching my every swish.

Very impressed!

Comment

May give it a go.

Generally it's a pity that companies, MS, Google etc, don't pay any attention to comments re their browsers on major, often their own, forums. Changes many people want can be quite small but they don't bother. Eg. I quite like Edge but no option, as in IE, to allow cookies only for certain sites.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X