• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So anyone been caught speeding on new fines system? (well since last April)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Maybe it already is unofficially. Anyone been pulled by the fuzz when doing an indicated 80 (so likely somewhere in the 70s really) and not for driving like a prick?

I've sauntered past battenburgs while I've been doing somewhere between 70 and 80 on many occasions, usually when they're crawling along at 60 something seeing who dare overtake them. You get all sorts of muppets too scared to overtake even at a speed below the legal limit. Maybe they're all dodgy twats without MOT, insurance, or with outstanding arrest warrants so worried about ANPR flagging them. If I was a rozzer I'd have a camera in the back window too.
    The coppers probably won't pull you because of the paperwork....a camera will not have an issue though. With all the 'smart' motorways, there have already been stories where the cameras have been used to maintain the 70 speed limit when the reduced one was not on. As these become the norm, soon enough you'll find that you'll be always driving on a camera controlled motorway doing 70....and if there is the slightest of traffic on it, you'll be down to 50.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      NIP arrived :-(

Bloody 35 which, apparently, is the minumum you can get done for.

Looks like its the course for me....
      I did the course 3 years ago for doing 34. So unless things have changed it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
        I did the course 3 years ago for doing 34. So unless things have changed it's not.
        I got 2 34's in a 30 about 2011. Followed by one for 81 in a 70 shortly after.

Three NIP's in the space of 6 months after 26 years of blemish-free driving.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I got 2 34's in a 30 about 2011. Followed by one for 81 in a 70 shortly after.

Three NIP's in the space of 6 months after 26 years of blemish-free driving.
          Probably do it on a single journey in Northants, bloody scum.

Comment

On my commuting stretch of the M1 a pair got done in the new Smart Motorway section and received hefty fines just shy of £2k!

TBF one of the twats was doing 80 when the 50 was on, but the other was doing 59 and got £1900!! bit steep imo.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...st-2000-713437

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
              On my commuting stretch of the M1 a pair got done in the new Smart Motorway section and received hefty fines just shy of £2k!

TBF one of the twats was doing 80 when the 50 was on, but the other was doing 59 and got £1900!! bit steep imo.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...st-2000-713437

Bit steep for 59 in a 50 surely?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

So with the change to unfixed fines they're admitting it's more about tax than safety. Well, they do have to pay for all those 'smart' motorways.

I notice in the comments on that Nottingham news site someone has put "#keepswitchinglanes". Surely the cameras aren't still fixed paired (if they ever really were ) and will use a centralised image comparison so it doesn't matter what lane you're in?
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  I notice in the comments on that Nottingham news site someone has put "#keepswitchinglanes". Surely the cameras aren't still fixed paired (if they ever really were ) and will use a centralised image comparison so it doesn't matter what lane you're in?
                  Here's the solution from way back in 1964....

Comment

(1) I use fake plates
                    (2) If somebody was on the dole and got caught, would they get a rebate?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X