• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So anyone been caught speeding on new fines system? (well since last April)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So anyone been caught speeding on new fines system? (well since last April)

50% of weekly income now. How'd that turn out for you all?

I guess not so bad if you're ltd company but not so good if you're on umbrella. Bit more expensive than the minimum of £100.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Got £100 and 3 points back in October, was going 63 where 50 was allowed on a piece of dual carriageway where you have to slow down from 70 to 50, just didn't slow down quick enough, was just coming back from an interview and didn't want to lose too many hours in my current gig, still billed 0.8 days for that day though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Got £100 and 3 points back in October, was going 63 where 50 was allowed on a piece of dual carriageway where you have to slow down from 70 to 50, just didn't slow down quick enough, was just coming back from an interview and didn't want to lose too many hours in my current gig, still billed 0.8 days for that day though.
      Thought it all depended on earnings now? No offer of speed awareness?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Thought it all depended on earnings now? No offer of speed awareness?
        No mentioning of earnings, I went too fast to qualify for the speed awareness course.

Comment

For the first offence its speed awareness course for the second one its £100 fine and 3 points. If you are going too fast they may not even offer the course.
          Working in wales now where M4 is littered with speed cameras every 100 meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            For the first offence its speed awareness course for the second one its £100 fine and 3 points. If you are going too fast they may not even offer the course.
            Working in wales now where M4 is littered with speed cameras every 100 meter.
            Don;t want you running our sheep over!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Don;t want you running our sheep Valentines over!
              FTFY

Comment

How about sticking to the speed limit? No need to worry about fines then.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  How about sticking to the speed limit? No need to worry about fines then.
                  How about having more realistic speed limits on open stretches of roads - motorways and A roads - especially during quieter hours.

Comment

I pleaded guilty by post, luckily it was Scotland so got a discount for doing so, and neglected to fill in the means form which meant they assumed a certain maximum amount...

Interesting old post here though: https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...tes-court.html

Comment

Working...
                    X