• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So anyone been caught speeding on new fines system? (well since last April)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See 69 in a 40 zone - FightBack Forums and http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/ind...s-enquiry-form

Comment

Better to let them assume its £440 a week then!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Interested to know whether dividend payments are taken into account?

It’s not clear what you would put down as surely it could vary a lot year to year.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          How about sticking to the speed limit? No need to worry about fines then.
          That's ridiculous. That would mean accepting that you have control and are responsible. No. Far better to blame something else.

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          How about having more realistic speed limits on open stretches of roads - motorways and A roads - especially during quieter hours.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            50% of weekly income now. How'd that turn out for you all?

I guess not so bad if you're ltd company but not so good if you're on umbrella. Bit more expensive than the minimum of £100.
            Isn't it £170 a fortnight?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              That's ridiculous. That would mean accepting that you have control and are responsible. No. Far better to blame something else.

I think you're in the wrong sub-forum
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How about having more realistic speed limits on open stretches of roads - motorways and A roads - especially during quieter hours.
                If you can't spot a speed camera or get pulled over by an unmarked car, then either it's not as quite as you would like it to be or ypur driving to fast to react to a hazard.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

When we have all the major roads converted to toll roads so pay per mile they can easily add a speed weighting to auto fine for speeding.

Fact you made it to the end of the toll road without crashing or causing a pile up means you were not driving badly enough to mean the speeding is an offence so you would just pay extra for going faster.

It's not in the governments interest to ban drivers willing to pay the speed tax regularly.

Though by the time the government realises this would be a simple money spinner from all the 'smart' motorways with ANPR capable cameras, we'll all be travelling in automated vehicles. Maybe the charge per ride will include the option to pay more to get there quicker.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Or get a motorbike and laugh in the face of forward-facing cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
                      Or get a motorbike and laugh in the face of forward-facing cameras.
                      Bikers avoid speeding fines by getting splattered by drivers distracted with all the in car entertainment and phone addiction.

At least the 'sorry I didn't see you' excuse will die out quicker than the bikers once all the cars are automated.

Though I predict all the motorways and major A roads will be reserved for driverless vehicles first, and all the classic manual driven cars will be restricted to B roads and minor routes, until the tech makes it safe to mix both on the high speed routes. So bikers will have to put up with all the careless car drivers on their favourite roads for a good while yet.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X